A reddit-ish theme for Discourse

This looks pretty cool. Will the team eventually put the threading feature that was trialed awhile back?

Can you add the option to preview theme?

1 Like

how to fix blank area on rightā€¦ is that from my mac or theme?

2 Likes

Can you be more specific? is this about chat threads? threads in Discourse Post Voting perhaps?

You can switch to the theme here on Meta with the toggle at the bottom left of the sidebar, it seems like thereā€™s an error on our theme creator site so I canā€™t upload a preview there at the moment.

1 Like

do you mean to the right of the image? I believe youā€™ll have to increase the site setting max image width from admin/site_settings ā€” though note that this will only change new uploads, if you wanted to change the old ones the posts would have to be rebaked (Rebake all posts matching a pattern).

if you mean the post width itself, thatā€™s just the themeā€¦ I might try to add some content there in the future

1 Like

I seem to be having a similar issueā€¦ but only on the main screen. Here is a screenshot from right here on metaā€¦

If I decrease the screen size a little bitā€¦ then everything jumps wider.

2 Likes

Hi Chris,

Awhile back the team was testing an idea where you could click on a post snd only view replies linked to that post. It would hide so to speak other comments on the topic save the one you chose to focus on.

So for example on your post it would show 1 reply iirc was on left bottom snd if clicked it would show my reply under your post with an option to go back to all.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a site setting for something like what you described, ā€œenable filtered replies viewā€.

2 Likes

Seems the geting start doesnā€™t work. Could you please fix it? Thank you very much!! :smiley:

@awesomerobot This is an awesome theme! I really like it however I canā€™t seem to be able to create a new topic via the ā€˜Create Topicā€™ textbox, nor the ā€˜+ New Topicā€™ sidebar.

I cannot see any other comments that show others experiencing this issue so not sure if this is common or not? Does it work fine for you?

1 Like

I have the last version of the theme and no issue creating topics.
Maybe itā€™s caused by one of your other theme components.

Do you have an error message in your browserā€™s javascript console from the developer tools?

2 Likes

Thanks for the prompt response and good suggestion; I do indeed have an error when selected New Topic.

Uncaught TypeError: this.composer.openComposer is not a function
    customCreateTopic fake-input-create.js:56
    Cr runtime.js:6179
    install runtime.js:6316
    _ runtime.js:4048
    track validator.js:668
    commit runtime.js:4046
    commit runtime.js:4121
    It runtime.js:4141
    Ember 5
    invoke queue.ts:203
    flush queue.ts:98
    flush deferred-action-queues.ts:75
    _end index.ts:616
    end index.ts:298
    _run index.ts:667
    run index.ts:339
    d Ember
    success ajax.js:105
    jQuery 6
    b ajax.js:154
    O rsvp.js:460
    O rsvp.js:916
    h ajax.js:167
    listForParent category-list.js:80
    _createSubcategoryList build-category-route.js:78
    afterModel build-category-route.js:61
    runAfterModelHook router_js.js:707
    resolve router_js.js:619
    y rsvp.js:435
    v rsvp.js:421
    invoke queue.ts:203
    flush queue.ts:98
    flush deferred-action-queues.ts:75
    _end index.ts:616
    _boundAutorunEnd index.ts:257
    promise callback*n/< platform.ts:28
    flush Ember
    _scheduleAutorun index.ts:803
    _ensureInstance index.ts:791
    schedule index.ts:384
    Ember 6
    <anonymous> start-app.js:4
    <anonymous> discourse-boot.js:20
    <anonymous> discourse-boot.js:1

The components Iā€™m using are:

Whether or not the components are causing the issue Iā€™m not sure - I did remove all then try again and still had the same error upon clicking New Topic. Quite strange :thinking:

1 Like

So looks like itā€™s not finding this function:

customCreateTopic() {
      if (document.querySelector(".d-editor-input")) {
        document.querySelector(".d-editor-input").focus();
      } else {
        this.composer.openComposer({
          action: _composer.default.CREATE_TOPIC,
          draftKey: _composer.default.NEW_TOPIC_KEY,
          categoryId: this.category?.id,
          tags: this.tag?.id
        });
      }
    }
  },

Iā€™ve tested on Firefox and Chrome from my Ubuntu OS. Not sure if itā€™s the plugins Iā€™m using or something, guess Iā€™ll have to have a play around and drilldown deeper. Weird it seems only Iā€™m experiencing this though :unamused: Hopefully get to the bottom of it.

1 Like

Yes, it looks like openComposer has been changed to open ā€” Iā€™ve just fixed this in the theme, so it should resolve once updated. Thanks for reporting it!

6 Likes

Hi @awesomerobot , I cannot seem to find how I can add a category when I am on this theme. When I go to the categories section I couldnā€™t find the option so ended up switching theme temporarily to add new one then switched back.

Am I doing something wrong? Can you advise please? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

hi @awesomerobot , your theme is amazing and i really love it.

I have some problems with the mobile view when I scrolled to the end of the site (homepage) it was not loading more new topics. It worked fine when I went to a specific category, however on the homepage (mixed categories) it was not. Could you take a look at it? It also worked well on PC.

Thank you so much.

Hi all,

Weā€™re loving the Reddit-ish theme!

Just one question. It would be great if when people first arrived at my forum it looked like /latest

Is there any way to make that the default homepage kind of thing please?

Thank you!

I think what you are wanting to do is set /latest as your forumā€™s homepage. If that is correct, you can do that by setting latest as the first item in your top menu site setting:

3 Likes

In addition to @simonā€™s reply, itā€™s probably worth noting that users can override that setting with their own default homepage in user/preferences/interface and Default Home Page . :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Ah yes! Thank you very much.

I do have the global setting set to have Latest at the top, but my own User was set to have Categories as the Default Homepage.

The question is - do all my users also have their default homepages set to Categories too?

Can I do some kind of reset to change everyoneā€™s default homepage to Latest?

Thank again for your help

1 Like

If you really want to do that, then you may need to do it in rails with an update_all command on the user site setting after you have set the global default to latest (which you said you have). If you go this route, be sure to backup first.

3 Likes