Ability to not bump topics

One common problem with forums is you can’t reply to really old topics because you will bump it to the top of the forum which annoys other users of the forum because they don’t want to see old topics again. But sometimes you need to add something else to that topic (EG to help other users finding the topic on google)

I think it would be a good idea to have a option to not bump the topic when you reply to it. What do you guys think about that?

1 Like

Duplicate of this topic:

I really like this idea. I have a tendency to sift through my old posts and alter mistakes or improve the post somehow (or remove them altogether if they are stupid) …and WAM, my three month old post is right there at the top.

Sometimes that can be embarrassing for me, and I literally frequent the topics list to make sure it is falling off.

This would be so nice to have.

The OP was asking for a way not to bump the topic when a reply is made.

The edit bumping is a separate concern. That discussion is over here though:

1 Like

This is is similar to an old-school bubble sort feature found on threaded style forums (ubb.threads?). A lot of old headed forum goers greatly dislike bubble sorting (where any reply floats the topic back to the top). Perhaps a feature that allows turning bubble sort off for topics older than X doesn’t seem that unreasonable.

1 Like