Application not opening after admin:create

Hi Team

I have containerised and deployed the application. It was showing the initial page where its asking to register a user either using console or configuration file. After I tried creating admin user using cli and when I reload the application its showing up a blank page in the browser.

Also instead of logging in to the docker where can I provide admin configuration so that application loads up directly?

Thank you

Hey Vijay,

Which install process did you use? the standard one ?

if you added an developer email address in the app.yml file, then all you need to do once discourse is up and running, to register with that email address.

You dont really need to log in to the docker to do anything if discourse is correctly setup and the correct details is in the app.yml file.

Hey Gavin

Ive used cloned the git repo and created docker container myself. I am not using the official docker rapo. So I cloned the discourse repo and modified the configuration according to our requirement and containerised the application.
Where can I find the app.yml file?

Thank you for the extra info.

the app.yml is with the standard install.

If you using a git repo, you can find the config file at config/site_settings.yml

I would suggest you look in the log files for the errors and work from there.

I also would not be able to assist you any further as my experience in the docker env is limited. maybe setup a standard install test discourse somewhere and see how it’s all put together and then you can adjust your custom install.

One last help Gavin. Im new to ruby development. So where can I check the log file? Also what exact values need to be changed in the site_settings.yml?

there is a folder called log/

looking at my config files, it’s in discourse.conf and not site settings. sorry

developer_emails = 'email address'

Processing by FinishInstallationController#register as HTML
Parameters: {“utf8”=>“✓”, “authenticity_token”=>“NNdsqJauwsv9kVbxrVANoAtIAkB7fWAeGf1xe96Erw06kkAnkkwwOO5MUuoaLYAAJtPrrU3FOeNFjT8pDH87bA==”, “email”=>“vijay.vantipali@byjus.com”, “username”=>“vijayvantipalli”, “password”=>"[FILTERED]", “commit”=>“Register”}
User Load (1.6ms) SELECT “users”.* FROM “users” INNER JOIN “user_emails” ON “user_emails”.“user_id” = “users”.“id” WHERE (lower(user_emails.email) IN (‘vijay.vantipali@byjus.com’)) ORDER BY “users”.“id” ASC LIMIT 1
(0.8ms) BEGIN
ScreenedEmail Load (0.9ms) SELECT “screened_emails”.* FROM “screened_emails” ORDER BY “screened_emails”.“created_at” DESC LIMIT 100
UserEmail Exists? (0.9ms) SELECT 1 AS one FROM “user_emails” WHERE (lower(email) = ‘vijay.vantipali@byjus.com’) LIMIT 1
(0.7ms) ROLLBACK
Rendering finish_installation/register.html.erb within layouts/finish_installation
Rendered finish_installation/register.html.erb within layouts/finish_installation (Duration: 0.7ms | Allocations: 579)
(1.0ms) SELECT “themes”.“color_scheme_id” FROM “themes” WHERE “themes”.“id” = 2
Rendered layouts/_head.html.erb (Duration: 1.6ms | Allocations: 295)
Completed 200 OK in 24ms (Views: 2.2ms | ActiveRecord: 5.9ms | Allocations: 5521)
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.29.93 at 2020-09-16 15:41:28 +0530
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.35.253 at 2020-09-16 15:41:28 +0530
Processing by StatusController#index as JSON
Completed 200 OK in 2ms (Views: 0.1ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 1258)
Completed 200 OK in 3ms (Views: 0.1ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 336)
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.4.78 at 2020-09-16 15:41:28 +0530
Completed 200 OK in 2ms (Views: 0.1ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 324)
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.29.93 at 2020-09-16 15:41:58 +0530
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.35.253 at 2020-09-16 15:41:58 +0530
Completed 200 OK in 2ms (Views: 0.1ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 1282)
Completed 200 OK in 3ms (Views: 0.1ms | ActiveRecord: 0.0ms | Allocations: 336)
Started GET “/status” for 172.31.4.78 at 2020-09-16 15:41:58 +0530

I am getting the above log when I try to register a user on discourse site after modifying the email address in developer_emails as mentioned above. But the page is not moving forward nor login page is appearing when I run the application inside my docker. Any help on this?

did you restart the docker after making changes to the conf file ?

Yes Gavin. I redeployed the container after changing the conf file.