Blank upgrade page afer upgrading docker manager

Continuing the discussion from Blank upgrade page after updating docker manager to 2.0.0.beta10:

I just upgraded to build the latest docker manager and am now at build ( 3792ffa556 ) 2.6.0.beta1. My upgrade list is now blank. The Processes tab still works fine though.

4 Likes

Same here. After ./launcher rebuild app the whole Discourse is down … Error 521
Already run multiple times ./launcher rebuild app but did not helped, not like in the mentioned Thread above.

I was on 2.6.0-beta1

Edit: after running it 3 more times, it came (after 10 min after finishing) back to life … wtf?

1 Like

I think this might be relevant,

We noticed a few errors in our discourse logs related to docker manager when our discourse went White Screen after upgrade.

NoMethodError (undefined method `find_compatible_git_resource' for Discourse:Module)
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:116:in `tracking_branch'
1 Like

Message (2 copies reported)

NoMethodError (undefined method find_compatible_git_resource' for Discourse:Module) /var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:116:in tracking_branch’

Backtrace

/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:116:in `tracking_branch'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:11:in `initialize'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:77:in `new'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/lib/docker_manager/git_repo.rb:77:in `find_all'
/var/www/discourse/plugins/docker_manager/app/controllers/docker_manager/admin_controller.rb:28:in `repos'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.3.1/lib/action_controller/metal/basic_implicit_render.rb:6:in `send_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.3.1/lib/abstract_controller/base.rb:195:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.3.1/lib/action_controller/metal/rendering.rb:30:in `process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/actionpack-6.0.3.1/lib/abstract_controller/callbacks.rb:42:in `block in process_action'
/var/www/discourse/vendor/bundle/ruby/2.6.0/gems/activesupport-6.0.3.1/lib/active_support/callbacks.rb:135:in `run_callbacks'

Env

HTTP HOSTS

2 Likes

@featheredtoast, is this your stuff?

4 Likes

Hmmm looks like something happened when I was rebasing this up - sorry about that. Will fix up shortly

4 Likes

I just pushed a fix, don’t worry about it :hugs:

8 Likes

whoops wow, backwards compatability strikes again, the entire point of this feature. Irony. Good catch, thank you! :hugs:

8 Likes

We got to make sure we backport the core support to beta and stable, cause otherwise we will be stuck for a long time before using this feature.

8 Likes

Thanks for the fix. Just to clarify, what’s the recovery strategy here for those affected?

./launcher rebuild {app-container} ?

2 Likes

That’s what we did but some are reporting this doesn’t work.

2 Likes

Correct, that should get your site back up and running :+1:

4 Likes