Bookmarks vs reminders

IIRC, there used to be reminders. Then they got rolled into bookmarks as a feature. Took me a while (and a post here IIRC) to re-find them. Okay, fine. I guess I set a bookmark now.

So I started using bookmarks, which appear to default to ‘reminder’ functionality:

95% of the UI is about timing, so this must just be a renaming of reminders, right? Ehm, no.

I now occasionally re-stumble over the fact that the bookmark is retained after I’m notified of it. Really not the behavior I expected.

Sure, there’s (as I just discovered about 10min ago) the ability to set the bookmark to be deleted after I’m notified, but it’s hidden under the cog in the UI. I wonder how many people have stumbled across this, or instead just periodically clean out old notifications like I’ve been doing…

IMO I should be able to configure this behavior in my user preferences (I.E. globally for all topics / notifications) or the “After you are notified” dropdown should not be hidden by default.

4 Likes

It is a global setting at the moment, as soon as you change it on one bookmark it applies to all the future bookmarks.

I am open to also making this discoverable in user prefs, the tricky thing is that we already have so many so fitting this in without cluttering the UI is not trivial.

1 Like

Holy Easter Egg, Batman! :astonished:

The main Account page isn’t very long. Nor is the Notifications page…

2 Likes