Can discourse delete archived posts automatically and accept registration without email?

• I want to have discourse delete archived posts automatically in certain categories or all categories. Is it possible? Can I configure the amount of time it takes to archive a post in a certain category or all categories?
  • Can I make email optional during registration?

You can auto delete and auto close topics with topic timers.

You could also configure a category to auto close its topics:

I don’t think that’s possible without modifying the code or writing a custom plugin. You could use SSO instead and find a platform that doesn’t do email validation, then set require_activation=true (we don’t recommend you do this unless you have any other way to check your users are valid), check DiscourseConnect - Official Single-Sign-On for Discourse (sso)

1 Like

I will approve each registration accompanied by short self introduction. As far as I know, I can add a text field to registration or manually add users who write introduction about themsleves to a group that can view and post to categories.

I will look into SSO softwares like authentik and authelia.

By the way, email is optional in a nodebb account. email is verified only if I add email to a nodebb account.

1 Like

Can I configure a category to delete topics automatically after a while?

I don’t think this feature exists yet.

You could use Discourse-automation and create a script to delete all topics in a category. I’ve never done this, so I’m not sure if it’ll work though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes