Catch up with topic?

When I’m tracking some very popular topic, it often happens I can’t keep up; posts pile up faster than I can read them. Is there a way to mark all posts in the topic “until now” read, so that next time I enter the topic I will automatically scroll past them – but still keep the topic as tracking?

Back in the days of mailing lists and Usenet, this was called “catching up” with a group.

Hi @nobrowser , I suppose you could scroll to the bottom using the topic timeline, then manually set the topic as ‘Tracking’.

@NateDhaliwal sorry, you misunderstand in two ways. I should have been more verbose.

First, the topic is tracking already. That is why I’m presented with it when I come in. My wish is that I’d like to go to the end automatically next time – even though I haven’t read all the posts – and not to the first post I missed, as is the case now.

Second, the timeline is absolutely unusable for me along with anything that requires the mouse / pointer. I need a keyboard solution.

Thanks for trying.

1 Like

If you click on the timestamp in the topic list rather than the title you’ll jump straight to the last post, if that’s any help?

You can also append /last to the end of a topic URL for a similar thing.

1 Like

@JammyDodger the main problem with this is that I’d need to do it over and over again, because next time I come in all those posts I jumped over are still considered unread.
Since there are no other replies, looks like this is not possible today? Can I request it as a feature?