Delete button always visible for one user

I have a user that can always see the delete post button despite having delete in the post menu hidden items

This isn’t happening for any other users and the delete button is hidden as expected, I have impersonated the user and can repro on my end, so it’s not her browser. Is there a per-user setting that would make this visible all the time?

Thanks!

1 Like

Safe mode works even if you’re impersonating a user. Can you try that to rule out theme/plugin issues?

If the issue still occurs in safe-mode, can you check the browser console for any errors?

1 Like

It does still show in safe mode, not in red, but the trash is still visible when it should be hidden. Nothing in the logs or console either. I also tried this with another test account and I can see the trash can with that account as well, but I do not, nor do others I’ve talked to, quite strange.

1 Like

I’m dragging this back up as it was never resolved and now I have another user saying the delete icon is constantly visible, any ideas?

1 Like

I’m not aware of any other reports about this issue.

Head to admin > settings and search for “post menu”. Share a screenshot of the two settings that show up.

Is there anything special about those users? Are they staff, moderators, category moderators, or anything else you can think of?

2 Likes

They are completely normal users so it is odd. Here’s the settings:

1 Like

I tried to reproduce this issue on multiple accounts using the same settings in your screenshot and wasn’t able to.

Unfortunately, we can’t do much about it if we don’t have clear repro steps.

If you figure out the cause, please let us know. We’ll be very happy to fix it if it’s an issue in core or one of the official plugins/components.

3 Likes