Discourse AI Topic Summary 🤖

The prompt is a button, “Summarize with AI”, unless I’m missing the obvious here? Also, this is a fantastic plug-in, can’t wait to explore.

The prompts are all shown in the post precisely one back from your first :sweat_smile:

Rookie error. :face_with_peeking_eye: This is what I get for moving too fast … I’ll give it a whirl and report back.

Make sure you are using my plugin. It was the first to summarise with AI but is not the official plugin.

1 Like

Bug: Selecting gpt-4-turbo results in a 500 error when a post is being made.
That might be because of a wrong setup or permissions but a 500 error on every post creation might be a bit harsh.

Faraday::BadRequestError (the server responded with status 400)
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/response/raise_error.rb:16:in `on_complete'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/middleware.rb:18:in `block in call'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/response.rb:42:in `on_complete'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/middleware.rb:17:in `call'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/rack_builder.rb:152:in `build_response'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/connection.rb:444:in `run_request'
faraday (2.9.0) lib/faraday/connection.rb:280:in `post'
ruby-openai (7.0.0) lib/openai/http.rb:22:in `json_post'
ruby-openai (7.0.0) lib/openai/client.rb:30:in `chat'
plugins/discourse-ai-topic-summary/lib/ai_topic_summary/call_bot.rb:15:in `get_response'
plugins/discourse-ai-topic-summary/lib/ai_topic_summary/summarise.rb:6:in `retrieve_summary'
plugins/discourse-ai-topic-summary/plugin.rb:62:in `block (2 levels) in activate!'
lib/discourse_event.rb:12:in `block in trigger'
2 Likes

Yep, true.

It should also probably spawn a job rather than do the work inline, just like Chatbot.

Probably should log the detail response if at all possible too.

Does it work with gpt-3.5-turbo?

If so, very likely this is a permissions issue where the admin does not have access to GPT 4 turbo for some reason, but agree it should not result in a failure to post, perhaps just do no summary update and log an error.

Yes, it’s a permissions issue for sure.

1 Like

Screenshot 2024-05-13 at 3.57.12 PM

Is tagging based on the summary that’s generated? For example, I’d prefer no summary but have tagging function. And if that’s the case, maybe hide it?

Lastly (see screenshot), this thing is ripe for abuse. At the moment it appears even non-logged in users can downvote.

Correct.

Sure you could do that with CSS, or might get away with this settting:

ai topic summary rely on sidebar widget instead and just not use the widget.

No it isn’t?

Anonymous users are not presented with this interface, nor are they allowed to vote.

but thanks for the reputation bomb :sweat_smile:

This plugin is over a year old - I think the community would have caught that one :wink:

As with Chatbot, you can now use the latest Open AI model with this plugin:

gpt-4o

A couple of BIG improvements here:

This should make things much more robust, prevent blocking of posting when there’s an AI issue, and give you much more information when things go wrong.

@RGJ @Jagster

1 Like

Oh man, I didn’t mean to imply that at all. I’m assuming I opened in Incognito, and must’ve had another Incognito window already open w/ a logged in user.

This plug-in is incredible, and I wish it could be adopted into core. You do fantastic work, Robert. Again, my apologies. Totally unintentional dig!

1 Like

No issues! That’s for the kind words.

1 Like

Now that I’ve redeemed myself :sweat_smile:… what’s the difference between “system_tagging” and “prompt.tag”?

Is the system prompt (you can edit this if you wish)

Is the “user” query sent to the Chat Completion that actually does the work.

1 Like

btw, I’ve noticed better performance of gpt-4-turbo for the tagging task on one of my sites than gpt-4o. I cannot explain why and have not had time to investigate. It may relate to the sheer number of tags, but you’d expect the newer model to cope with more. YMMV.

I’ll give it a shot. I tried to upgrade to 4-turbo and users were met with 500 error (I’m hosted by @RGJ’s Communiteq) so quickly reverted back to 3.5 and it resolved. This was last week, so perhaps something has changed.

Sounds like the plugin is out of date:

1 Like

No - Nate ran into that issue before you updated the plugin - his issue was actually the reason for my bug report.

If you believe you have addressed these issues then we’ll be updating the plugin on all our applicable instances tomorrow morning.

2 Likes

You not “liking” the fix ( :cry: ) suggested no update had take place. :wink:

2 Likes