Discourse Custom Topic Lists

:discourse2: Summary Allows you to create custom topic lists that can be accessed via a URL
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link GitHub - discourse/discourse-custom-topic-lists: custom topic lists
:open_book: Install Guide How to install plugins in Discourse

Features

This plugin adds a new dropdown; when clicked, it leads you to a custom topic list based on a filter defined in the configuration.

The new dropdown:

The sidebar links, you can decide if the list should appear on the side or not:

When you click to go to the custom list page, you are met with a page similar to a topic list:

The name, banner label, icon and path can be defined in the configuration

Configuration

Make sure to have experimental topics filter enabled

This is the config Iโ€™ve used in the example:

14 Likes

This is very useful. Awesome thank you!

Looks great! I was wondering, how is different from categories? Why not use a category instead?

1 Like

Is this kind of frontend for experimental filter?

3 Likes

Hello, Can i custom multi select groups tag as this topic Multi menu select Group tags

2 Likes

Thanks for the feedback guys!

It uses this experimental feature called /filter, you can see the DSL query in this meta post

This is different from categories because you can create a custom list with 2 categories, e.g., category:bug,feature or, in my case, category:arts-media,feature would bring all topics that include both categories.

I have tested, and from what I could see, tag groups are not supported in the /filter feature.

6 Likes

Will tag groups be added a n future? As it seems to be an under utilized feature concept.

4 Likes

I worked on that: FEATURE: Add tag_group option in `/filter` by Grubba27 ยท Pull Request #27427 ยท discourse/discourse ยท GitHub.

Iโ€™ll keep you guys and the changelog updated.

4 Likes

The PR was merged into the core!

2 Likes