Discourse_docker not forcing command line upgrade?

It seems that this is a security issue that requires a command-line upgrade, but I’m seeing a forced rebuild on only a couple of the sites that I’ve checked, and those seem really old.

Continuing the discussion from 2.9.0.beta4: Security Fixes, Sitemaps, Discourse Connect Provider 2FA, and more:

I’ve checked a bunch of sites today and none of them has the “You have to do a command line upgrade” message on the upgrade page.

Is this a bug?

1 Like

You have to update docker_manager first in order to see it. After you update the docker_manager, the next request to /admin/upgrade will show the message.

1 Like

I updated an instance today from the console.
I expected to see a message but didn’t get one.
I did a ./launcher rebuild app just to be safe …

Darn. Ok. I guess the old one can’t know that until the upgrade.

1 Like

This might explain something I saw: I did the docker update, navigated successfully back to the versions tab and then did the discourse update. All in browser and all apparently successful. But opening a new processes tab in another window showed me the static page telling me I needed to rebuild.

In a sense, I didn’t need to - and I haven’t. My discourse thinks it is fully updated. Is it? If it isn’t, what state is it in?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.