Discourse Docs Card Filter

Hey @jordan-vidrine

thx for the feedback, I will keep that in mind for any PR coming your way :slight_smile:

BTW on our forum the docs cards are not hidden when an actual docs topic is opened.

See example:

We had same issue on 2.7.x. and after 2.8.1 update it still persists. Any idea what causes the issue?

This is because you are not sorting or filtering yet, you are only linking to an article being rendered in the docs view, without any filters yet. The cards only disappear once a card is clicked in order to set the current filter.

1 Like

This latest PR which has been merged adds category & tag names as classes to their cards.

1 Like

When a tag or category starts with a digit, the css class becomes invalid. Can you make an adjustment, for example prepend card- to the class name to prevent the issue?

Currently: <a class="docs-card-box tag-card [category]">
Fixed: <a class="docs-card-box tag-card card-[category]">

1 Like

Hello, can we display all card later we click any card?
Thank you!

Excuse me,
Can we uppercase tag?
Thank you!

There’s the force lowercase tags admin setting you could toggle that may help here:

3 Likes

Thank you Very much :slight_smile:

2 Likes

You can hide it using CSS…

@media screen and (max-width: 700px) {
.docs-cards-filter {
    display: none;
    }
}

Is there anyway to change ‘docs’ to something else, like ‘Community Guides’, it would be great to be able to easily customize this from admin or theme settings.

1 Like

Admin - Customize - Text and search for docs. You can change (almost) everything there.

4 Likes

What is the syntax to get multiple tag icons to show up? I can successfully display one icon, but then is it just a comma to separate entries?

Hi!
Maybe I’m missing something but… is it possible to add this theme component without installing the Docs plugin?
My site is already a knowledge base, so I don’t see what the plugin can add to it that doesn’t bring confusion or duplicated accesses, and I’d prefer not installing it. But… I really need some boxes/ cards on top to guide users through categories and tags. That is why I find extremely useful this component but can’t decide on the plugin.

Can anyone help me to sort it out?
Thanks a lot!

1 Like

This component is an add-on to the docs plugin. To get category boxes, you may be interested in some of these components:

3 Likes

Thank you Jordan! :raised_hands:
I’ll try this components, surely will solve the issue!

3 Likes

This looks great!

Just one question, is this theme component still maintained? I’m just asking because the last commit is from more than a year ago.

There was no commits but it stills working!

1 Like

I find that this component not display category parent if this category don’t have separate topics.

Specifically, the “Cần thuê” is Category parent that it isn’t display in Docs Filter UI.
How can we display this category and display count topics equal all of topic of child categories!
Thank you so much!

Mean…
Parent-category (10 topics) have 10 child-category, each child-category have 10 topics
I wanna card parent-category display count is 110 Topics not 10 Topics
Best regard

1 Like

Can we use show tags by group in homepage?
Thank you!

I understand your reasoning behind this, but we do not technically count these topics as apart of the parent category even in Core behind the scenes, so we wouldnt want to do so differently in this component.