Discourse splash not removed after boot because of browser extension

I have a user that is having some problems on a Chromebook. I suspect, but don’t know, that this may be the problem. Is there a way to disable this?

1 Like

If they’re seeing the splash screen the problem is their network, not the splash screen itself. It only appears if the single-page javascript application takes more than “connection time + 2 seconds” to load.

1 Like

I probably should have provided this link. This site has users from around the globe.

1 Like

Probably also need to provide some info on the client system that’s experiencing this too.

The browser looks to be chrome 111 - what extensions is the user using? Does it happen in incognito too?

1 Like

From the user (including 20 char padding):

1 Like

If it works in incognito then it’s something in their browser config that’s responsible, rather than a Discourse issue.

They’ve effectively proven that with this test.

If they’re on OS 10.15.7 though it’s just Chrome, not a Chromebook, no?

2 Likes

If there is a left-over element from the splash after the app has booted sucesfully, there will most likely be something about it on the DevTools console. Check that and share the output.

2 Likes

That pane is open in the link above. Is there something else not shown that should be checked?

1 Like

One user suggested the OP of the thread disable all plugins and re-enable them one by one. Looks like a video app got confused? I asked him to post which one so I could post it here to bring some resolution and in case it is helpful.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.