Show “last visit” line within topics, as we already do on topic lists
introduce light bubble PM style to help visually distinguish PMs from regular topics
Tagging is now on by default! Add description to tags and improve tag management UI.
Show draft counts in user drop-down, user page, and sidebar @nbianca
merge the concept of “new unread” and “unread” @tgxworld
Enable automatic dark mode switching by default (site setting
default dark mode color scheme id) @pmusaraj
Improve “blank page syndrome” for user menu (notifications, assigned, bookmarks), user activity, user messages, and invites @andrei
Add counts per group to suggested messages on group PMs @tgxworld
Impersonation should require a second factor @techAPJ
Add username (and full name?) matches to full page search results @Roman_Rizzi / @pmusaraj
Beef up accessibility @joffreyjaffeux @awesomerobot
Wildcard block for email addresses per topic @nbianca
Direct to S3 uploads, retire jQuery file uploader replacing with Uppy @martin
Improve the experience for users who have pending posts. @flink91
show posts awaiting moderation on your user page @flink91
Improve error handling for theme/plugin
decorateCooked APIs @david
May 19, 2021
Planned release date
January 26th, 2022
- Fix composer popup placement
- Apply new quote-button spacing behavior to all mobile devices
- Fix layout issues with long category names
- Center emoji picker when limited space
- No border-radius on textarea
- Animate the movement of the quote button on selection change
- Flat-btn should also respond to Enter
- Use https protocol for markdown help link
- Adjust invite and related form spacing
- Change text of public_topic action code in login required sites.
- Tweak emoji picker css
- Updated “accept invite” error page
- Prevent crawler view topic-list overflow
- Better invite accept form
- Post action spacing refactor & consistency
- Improved invite accept page layout
- Maximize the preview space in composer
- Update navigation-container scaling & wrapping
- Correctly handles escape on emoji picker
- Always show avatar on mobile topic lists
- Let mobile post controls scroll on overflow
- Show group card with animated loading state
- Prevent timeline overflow in extreme cases
- Extend user hyperlink in staff action logs
- Fix topic status icon size in mobile search results
- Only apply link formats on paste to selections that do not contain bbcode-like tags
- Make toggling to filtered replies mode less jumpy.
- Improve composer presence-display positioning
- Scroll row to top of container in select-kit
- Fix flair dropdown styling in user account
- Remove style that breaks composer on pm page
- Reduce composer jumpiness on android
- Prevent overflow on mobile timeline dates
- Improve tag info style
- Fix alignment in group navigation bar
- Only apply link formats on paste to selections that do not contain links
- Tweak mobile composer styling
- Tweak composer styling
- Add title attribute to reports cells
- Closes multi-select on selection when maximum=1
- Fix extra indent on lists when supporting mixed text direction
- Add additional tests for pasting a link on a selection
- When pasting a link use linkify rules
- Pasting links on a selection will apply a link format
- Timestamp should not hide handle of topic timeline in mobile.
- Fallback to regular title if screen-reader title is unavailable
- Make banner full-width
- Lower digest suppress period from a year to 6 months
- Fix fast edit save button color in dark schemes
- Move share topic warning to modal flash alert
- Add more search aliases for emojis.
- Launch full page search on second
- Mobile topic list fixes follow-up to 0e371d4
- Fix share/notify modal styles
- Number steps in cloud installation README
- Layout fixes for admin permalinks page
- Remove tags chooser on PMs for non-staff users
- Fix several issues with topic progress refactor
- Fix bar-style category dropdown
- Better accommodate PM composer with tags
- Fix short post width on mobile
- Show quick search hint more consistently
- Remove animation in admin theme list
- Change login tabindex, follow-up to 6aa6275
- Change tabindex on login to skip email login link
- Apply tags during PM creation
- Make PresenceChannel changes more responsive
- Never show back button if less than current position
- Don’t show anchor icon on touch devices
- Re-order auth-related site settings for clarity
- Add special case for user search when in a topic
- Sometimes the footer would show up while refreshing a list route
- Adjust quick search input width
- Better topic search experience
- Show fewer toolbar icons in mobile composer
- Display full-page user search in a grid
- Better visibility for context search
Enter hint to search dropdown
- Add missing translation
aria-label for buttons when
title attribute exists.
- Improve route hierarchy in for user-invites
- Restore new messages button on mobile on PM route.
- Adds shortcuts for quote (q) and fast edit (e)
- Add keyboard shortcut for fast edits
- More consistent shortcut labels for macOS
- Fix alignment of composer when tags are disabled
- Revamp quick search
- Change layout of invites page to match other user pages
- Global notice no longer accepts HTML.
- Capitalize unsubscribed email locale
- Use consistent category badge font size in dropdowns
- Fix label in search when tagging is disabled
- PM inboxes being expanded incorrectly when viewing tags.
- Don’t display group messages link for group with no messages.
- Show scrollbar only when needed in dropdowns
- Adjust mobile spacing for full page search
- Ensure sticky elements don’t overflow header
- Better placement for bulk select actions button
- Move fast edit before sharing
- Adjust quote button position on mobile
- Add second Search button on mobile
- Share button margin consistency
- Fix profile button spacing
- Improve composer button bar on mobile
- Prevent invite form fields from resizing
- Fix date input icon display issues
- Minor fast edit tweaks
- Improves fast edit fallback handling
- Optionally show a “Summarize” button in topic timeline
- Fix tab groups editing layout issues on mobile
- Use standard font size for buttons at the end of /top page
- Fix mobile styling for admin color schemes
- Fix alignment for admin controls on mobile
- Fix date input display in iOS
- Minor layout tweaks to dropdowns
- Normalize sizing for inputs, buttons, dropdowns
- Adjust button spacing
- Limit select-kit tag chooser width
:empty on topic-statuses, clean up
- Comma separate public custom field lists
- Select-kit update alignment fixes
- Better login/signup styling for small desktop windows
- Use existing guardian method to check messageable group.
- Display correct replies count in embedded comments view.
- Improve blank page syndrome on the user messages page
- Add Styling step to wizard
- Update “get a room” composer message
- Do not show selected composer education messages on whisper post
- Add a title to the user filter input
- README logo SVG that supports dark mode
- Add margin to share input
- Add data-topic-id to featured topic items
- Fix mobile PM nav for regular users
- Show flair help text for private member visibility only
- Indicate capped history revisions only when they’re actually capped
- Update member visibility help text to include flair information
- Fixes sidebar settings border and active styles
- Missing translation for title attribute for PM tag route.
- Disable “Queue For Review” button if user can’t perform action.
- Append ellipsis to actions that have follow-up screen
- Ensure external login icons are visible on hover
- UX Fixes
- Adds hover title with full date to admin users columns
- History controls should use nav-pill styles
- Improve copy when a group member search returns no results
- Use share modal in dominating topic msg
- User bookmark page style adjustments
- Update styling of readonly values in signup form
- Remove theme-specific css, fix space
- Prioritize moderator bg color in PMs
- Improve quick search suggestions
- New text and style for dominating topic message
- Suspend forever time period messages
- Tweak groups page css
- Consistent share modal & popup, refactoring
- Stop imgur/google photo mobile onebox overflow
- Make sure there’s always a margin on badges page
- Improve share modal consistency
- Move the skip auth confirmation spinner inside the modal body.
- Add copy button to theme public key
- Improve the link to the preferences page on the new and unread tabs
- Add success state to copy button
- Fix z-index for new topic alert
- Translate the action type in watched words regex error
- Layout issues with topic last visit line.
- Remove background image after image has loaded
- Remove top border on small action after last visit line.
- Use topic list bulk select toggle for user messages list.
- Make emoji size consistent for oneboxed GH issues with short tags.
- Make poll content selectable
- Tweak spacing in the admin dashboard
- Adds ‘Processing Upload’ to the composer status area during upload optimization
- Horizontal scroll bar on top of user directory (when needed)
- Tweak the timestamp line in Twitter onebox
- Improve blockquote styling in emails
- Add notice when watched words are regexes
- Margin improvement for mobile alerts
- Make bulk select checkbox easier to target
- Fix mobile alert spacing
- Make it easier to hide the emoji on signup
- Hide email columns when
Hide Emails is selected
- Improve lightbox gallery zoom/navigation
- Fix jump-to-post layout on mobile
- Fix mobile progress bar button alignment
- Daily automatic grouping for less than 34 days instead of 30
- Use button instead of anchor in filtered replies bar
- Remove reference to contact form in setting
- Improve user delete error message & return correct post count.
- Improvements for reordering categories
- Add a hint that tags can be included in tag groups
- Fix search topic titles wrapping
- Fix bulk-select icon and button alignment
- Group dropdown filter height should match
- More consistent mobile spacing
- Improve tag truncation in scrolled header
- Copy edit
- Revert some search dropdown styles
- More consistent setting/edit buttons
- Adjustments to tag groups layout
- Update search panel styles, consistency
- Use icons as bulleted list in invite modal
- Fix “last visit” line overlap in Chrome
- Fix PM header title alignment
- Fix the PM title icon alignment
- Align the bulk-select icon
- Improve style of GitHub PR body in emails
- Don’t show reply prompt if current topic is closed
- Change color of focus & hover on user menu tabs
- Show grandparent category badge in sticky header on desktop
- Alert screen readers when there is an issue saving a post
- Twitter onebox layout adjustments
- Unconditionally focus modals
- Make search result styles more consistent
- Add auto focus to hamburger and user menu dropdowns
- Align list-controls & topic-title top margins
- Consistent padding on mobile/desktop
- Adjust list and onebox margins
- Change categories page dropdown to a wrench
- Improve navigation on topic lists for screen readers
- Provide a region for various topic actions
- Users can postpone discobot’s tutorial.
- Search result link title color change
- Make discobot flag tutorial copy clearer
- Add ARIA region role to posts
- Show Update button instead of Enable button when slow mode is already enabled
- Improve positioning of controls in lightboxes
- Fix theme upload width, remove class clash, prettier
- Do not sign in unapproved users
- Advanced group search did not respect visiblity of groups.
- Hide user’s bio if profile is restricted
- Only show user suggestions with regular post
- Disable MessageBus::Diagnostics.
- Remove ember-cli specific response from application routes
- Only show tags to users with permission
- Strip unrendered unicode bidirectional chars in code blocks
- Ensure _forum_session cookies cannot be reused between sites
- Disallow caching of MIME/Content-Type errors
- Improve validation of SNS subscription confirm
- Escape watched word in error message
- Escape cat name
- User’s read state for topic is leaked to unauthorized clients.
- Sanitize d-popover attributes
EmailChangeRequest is destroyed
- Don’t leak user of previous whisper post when deleting a topic.
- Do not reveal post whisperer in personal messages.
- Validate period param for top topic routes
- Sanitize YouTube Onebox data
- Onebox canonical links bypassing FinalDestination checks
- Ensures timeouts are correctly used on connect
- XSS in bookmarks list
- Do not allow unauthorized access to category edit UI
- Turn common test prefixes into contexts in topics_controller_spec
- Make tests faster by prefabricating more things
- Prefabricate more parts of users_controller_spec
- Speed up the tests by pre-fabricating more things
- Prefabricate posters in topics_controller_spec
- Prefabricate more of topics_controller_spec.rb
- Redis snapshotting during tests
- Speed up tests
- Add index on email_tokens.token_hash
- Shave off some test-suite time
- Migrate normalized_emails in a migrations
- Update widget hooks to avoid global scroll-blocking events
- Update scrolling mixin implementation
- Disable ember touchstart listener
- Use passive event listeners for touchstart, touchmove
- Set --header-offset property only when changed
- Updating first unread PM for user not respecting limits.
- Use more efficient text-direction check in select-kit init
- Reduce records queried in
preload hints to the
- Improve JS app boot speed by optimizing
- Update like count in visible posts without an extra GET per like
- Use different column for better query plan
- There was a large performance regression in Logster
- Optimize search in private messages query
- Reduce work when external sources are allowed in
- Use a subquery when excluding a tag from topic query.
- Avoid running ignored users DB query for anon users.
- Revert all inboxes from messages route.
- Improve database query perf when loading topics for a category.
- Fix N+1 queries in SiteSerialier.
- Improve query performance all inbox private messages. (#14304)"
- Improve query performance all inbox private messages.
- Avoid running query unnecessarily when updating bookmark.
- Avoid additional database query when viewing own user.
- Improve query perf when fetching unread for PM topic tracking state.
TopicViewSerializer#requested_group_name more efficient.
- Remove redundant post_timings_summary index
- Generates dates tooltip on demand
- Reduces rendering time of local-dates
- Add scheduled job to delete old stylesheet cache rows
- Improve topic_user.liked update performance when moving posts
- Improve post_timing performance when moving posts
- Optimise backfilling of topic_id
- Cache categories in Site model take 3.
- Remove n+1 in user directory
- Update post uploads secure status in a job
- Eager load Theme associations in Stylesheet Manager.
- Cache categories in Site model take 2.
- Cache categories in Site model.
- Remove extra PG query.
- Perform user filtering in SQL
- Avoid running a pointless PG query when theme has no variables.
- Animate request animation frame
- Preload client settings json while booting app.
- Switch ActiveRecord PG connection active check to use empty query.
- Defer setting of distributed cache in category.
- Defer setting of distributed cache in more spots.
- Preload settings, groups and badge icons in SvgSprite.
- Defer setting of distributed cache in performance critical paths.
- Remove N+1 query in
- Warm up caches in
SiteSerializer while preloading app.
- Cache categories query in
- Memoize core svgs in memory to avoid expensive XML parsing.
- Precompile child theme stylesheets.
- Tag should be “role” not “aria-role”
- Do not use duplicate IDs
- Focus last viewed topic in topic lists
- Move focus to highlighted post when visiting a topic
- Remove dupe label on signup confirm field
- Set modal widths with EMs; improves scaling
- Add prefers reduced motion"
- Don’t output aria label identical to title
- Use shorter label for hamburger menu
- Fix several minor issues
- Add labels to some search fields, category notification selector
- Add more descriptive labels for some dropdowns
- Use listbox role for dropdowns
- Do not default to label for aria-label
- Improve create account modal for screen readers
- Add “skip to main content” link
- Add labels where needed
- Adjust heading rules on topic lists
- Don’t mark multiple form labels as applying to the same element
- Improve topic details toggle button label
- Add aria-label to modal close button
- Include aria-label for avatar images in widgets
- Add heading role for post titles.
- Fix post control and user-menu focus styles