Edit DiscoBot "Greetings" msg + Customize Onboarding

(David Kwan) #1

I was wondering if it’s possible to edit this initial discobot greetings message. I like the links included but would like to tweak the wording to match my community:

Also, I am interested in customizing the on-boarding process for new users. For example, I’d love to include a checklist for them to complete with customized steps on how to get started. I’d also like to perhaps edit the design of the home page shown below or add a cover page that is slightly less overwhelming. A few users have told me that it can be a little much at first:

Lastly, I’d love to see/hear about examples of what others have done to improve the on-boarding of new users and convey the purpose of their specific community. I am not as concerned about teaching them how to use the actual features of Discourse (the discobot is doing a great job of that), but more so teaching them how they can use our community for it’s specific purpose (sharing educator resources and becoming certified in our program).

Onebox showing wrong avatar?
(Joshua Rosenfeld) #2

See

(David Kwan) #3

Thanks Joshua. Do you know if there is a way to see how many people have interacted with the Discobot and/or completed the tutorial (receiving the certificate)? I went to discobot’s profile but do not see any activity there.

(Joshua Rosenfeld) #4

You can look through discobot’s messages to see all the conversations. If you want to know just who completed the tutorial, look at the Certified badge.

(Christoph) #5

See also this discussion:

Onebox showing wrong avatar?