Emails not sent when marking users as admin

I’m trying to add users as admins but every time I get this message
I’m confused as to what email its sending it too because I don’t have an any emails about it.
What email does it send that to?

2 Likes

It should be sent to the email address associated with your admin account. You can check the email sent logs for admin_confirmation_message to see where it was sent.

[YourSite]/admin/email/sent

3 Likes

Also be sure to check your spam folder for the emails

4 Likes

it never sent anything
this is all that is there

2 Likes

2 Likes

kinda found it but what is it sending to, the system account has no_email in its place but it doesnt send an email when i try to put one in

2 Likes

Have you impersonated the system user (or given it a password and logged in to it, if that’s possible) before trying to add admin users? If so, you could try logging out and back in as your normal (admin) user.

3 Likes

yea i tried that still same message

2 Likes

The message in your original post or the no_email entry in the log? The former is expected as a confirmation that you really want to give a user admin rights, the latter shouldn’t happen if you have a valid email address on the admin account you’re logged in as and you should receive the email.

2 Likes

It should be sending to to the address associated with the account that you are logged in as. Are you logged if as a regular admin? Did you get your confirmation email for that account or did you create it if a way that avoided making mark get delivered to you?

2 Likes

its sending it to the system user’s email which is set as no_email but i cant set an email

2 Likes

alright, i just rebooted my vm and it just sent it to the proper user email, thanks.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.