FKB Pro - Social theme

You can use css with Aspect ratio
Example code: https://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_css_aspect_ratio.asp
You can check my site https://businesslab.vn with ratio 16:10

How I can set this in the Discourse? Like where and which css do I set?

Also, there is this minor issue when setting Google Ads:

I assume the sidebar profile card should be below the ad, not right on top of it.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hello @codergautam,

I have merged a fix for Discourse Ad plugin - Google Adsense. Please update the theme. :slightly_smiling_face:

You can change the image height :arrow_down_small:

You need to create a new component for this. :slightly_smiling_face:

1. Go to /admin/customize/themes/
    Customize → Themes

2. Click the Components tab and then the Install button

3. On the popup window click Create new button and type the new component name.

4. Click Create button.

5. The component created. Now select FKB Pro theme to activate it.
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 19.04.28

6. Click the Edit CSS/HTML button.
    Screenshot 2023-02-15 at 19.05.17

7. Click the Common tab and paste the below code to the CSS section.

If you want to set the image height separately on desktop and mobile, use those tabs instead of Common. Common means this code will be active on desktop and mobile too.

.topic-list {
  .main-link {
    .link-middle-line {
      .topic-image {
        height: 280px; // Default 300px
      }
    }
  }
}

If you want to hide the image, use this :arrow_down_small:

.topic-list {
  .main-link {
    .link-middle-line {
      .topic-image {
        display: none;
      }
    }
  }
}
3 Likes

Hope to fix incompatibilities with other theme components

How do you just round the buttons and stuff? I just wanted to do this in my current theme

1 Like

Hi @danielabc,

There are some theme-component for rounding stuffs. :slightly_smiling_face:

Hello @xiaokong23357, can you clarify which theme-component do you mean?

2 Likes
2 Likes

@Don How do I introduce the binding HTML meta tag into an FBK theme?

Hope it will be solved

1 Like

@Don I mean, I don’t know if the theme can load these things

Format layout recommendation: Optimized, simple, compact, and wide

2 Likes

Hello, sorry for the delay
 Yeah I think it’s possible to replace the default right panel with Right Sidebar Blocks. I will check this. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

One more thing  @Don
My forum uses your theme, now my forum is going to be ready to be added to the Microsoft Bing search engine, but now it needs to do HTML meta tag detection for the forum, how do I do to incorporate this HTML meta tag into the theme
It is very needed now, and I am very grateful for being able to solve it

1 Like

Create a new theme component in admin like this I introduced above. FKB Pro - Social theme - #88 by dodesz you can change the component name whatever but don’t paste the css I pasted to CSS tab. Copy and Paste the Bing HTML Meta tag into the HEAD tab to the component you created and save it. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Like this?

Then I configure the custom html and then I need to enable the theme before captcha

1 Like

Nope, as I see this is a theme. You need to create a component. Which is the other tab or you can convert this to a component with the convert button which is on the bottom of the page. Just follow the instructions I show above. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Thank you very much, problem solved!
@Don

3 Likes

I’ve merged an update to add: Compatibility with Right Sidebar Blocks theme component by VaperinaDEV · Pull Request #18 · VaperinaDEV/fkb-pro-theme · GitHub

It contains a setting: right sidebar blocks enabled. It will adds some support for the Right Sidebar Blocks theme component and will replaces the default right sidebar (fkb panel) with it.

4 Likes

I have an idea that the sidebar can be made by you in this style and merged into a theme file, and people who need it can turn on the corresponding feature in the theme settings @Don

2 Likes

Hello,

Yes I think this is possible with modify the style if you mean the title is separate from content and it seems this sidebar is not sticky.

Try something like this. :slightly_smiling_face:

Create a new theme component like this FKB Pro - Social theme - #88 by dodesz or add it to an existing one.

Desktop / CSS

.full-width .tc-right-sidebar {
  position: relative;
  top: unset;
  padding: 0;
  background: none;
  box-shadow: none;
  overflow-y: unset;
  .rs-component {
    h3 {
      border-bottom: none;
      padding-bottom: 0;
    }
    > div {
      background: var(--secondary);
      padding: 1em;
      border-radius: var(--d-default-border-radius);
      box-shadow: 0 1px 2px rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);
    }
  }
}
2 Likes

FYI: both /login and /signup as links gives spinning circle, not opening the modal. iPad on latest everything.

1 Like

Hey Jakke :slightly_smiling_face: I just checked this on your site with and the modals shows up correctly for me on /login and /signup.

1 Like