Header Search

:discourse2: Summary Header Search removes the search icon from the header menu and creates a search bar that is placed in the middle of the header area.
:eyeglasses: Preview Preview on theme-creator.discourse.org
:hammer_and_wrench: Repository Link https://github.com/discourse/discourse-header-search
:open_book: New to Discourse Themes? Beginner’s guide to using Discourse Themes

Install this theme component

Thanks to @Johani for the search panel javascript code :+1:

25 Likes

I’ve just made an update to the component, this will make the default search icon appear on mobile:

3 Likes

This works fine now .

:kissing_heart: @JammyDodger

:kissing_heart: @awesomerobot

Thanks.

3 Likes

Hello, first of all really good theme component. Works very well for me.
I have a small suggestion for improvement. The search bar should certainly not be displayed in a login-required forum, since it can not be used anyway.

3 Likes

I would be very happy if someone can fix this bug. I know it doesn’t affect many, but I love this theme component and this problem keeps me from using it :cry:

I’ve just made an update that will hide the search bar from logged out users when login is required

2 Likes

I’ve also added an update that uses the header colors (header primary and header background) for the input

2 Likes

The component seems to disable the new header-sidebar-toggle.

3 Likes

Thanks for identifying this @nolo!

I’ve just pushed out a fix :tada:

5 Likes

Another small glitch I came across: I can use the default “/” shortcut to enter the search input field. But it won’t expand the drop-down showing results. I’d need to click in the input field manually for that to happen which makes the keyboard shortcut kind of useless.