How can I customise the discourse-subscription plugin?

Discourse-Subscription plugin

On my community page, I implement a subscription that gives access to a group. I’m currently using the discourse-subscriptions plugin, but I encounter 2 problems :

1. The plugin only offers one payment method (payment by card).
    In addition to the payment by card, I want to give members the possibility to subscribe by bank transfer.
    Is it possible to add other payment methods with this plugin?

2. I don’t want the payment to be recurring, I want it to be a one-time payment,

2 Likes

The Subscriptions plugin is tied to Stripe, and I’m afraid adding extra payment options is not currently possible.

I believe you can set up one-time payments within the Plan settings by un-ticking ‘Recurring Plan?’:

3 Likes

Thank you so much!
I have succeeded in setting up the one-time payement.
But its really unfortunate that i can’t add more payement methods.

3 Likes

This is open source software. You might consider hiring someone to create a PR to add the features you need #marketplace

5 Likes

Stripe supports bank transfers. Another thing that this reminds me of is that using a coupon that results in a $0 payment still requires a credit card.

All that said, until a bunch of people or an important customer want this fixed. . . .

Or, in my case, just find time to do it. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Since Stripe also allows payment by bank transfer, is it possible to replace the current card payment method with payment by bank transfer?

1 Like

It’s possible, but I think it’ll take a few hours work. I’d be happy if it were supported, as it saves some money on larger transfers.

Hmm. It might be harder than I thought, as the process for getting ACH started looks rather complicated: ACH Direct Debit payments | Stripe Documentation. A first step might be a hybrid aproach where the ACH was set up some other way and then Discourse could just arrange to use existing ach accounts that had been approved already.

3 Likes

Thank you for your replies @JammyDodger @merefield @pfaffman

1 Like

I have noticed that you are talking about direct debit payement which is not actually the same as bank transfer. Do you think that the implementation will be just as difficult?

1 Like

Perhaps not. That was the first thing I found. You can wade through their api docs to see if there is an easier way. But it’s still likely $2-5k

1 Like