How do I revoke a moderator's review privileges?

As an admin, how do I revoke a moderator’s right to review (retaining rights other than reviewing)?
Thanks!

If I understand you correctly you want someone to be a moderator but they can only see the review queue but not actually review anything?

2 Likes

What do you want them to be able to do?

1 Like

take away their moderator permissions.

1 Like

Do you mean you do not want them to be able to review flags?

As mentioned you can revoke moderation. They will lose the shield. If you want them to still be able to openclose topics, edit posts then maybe Trust Level 4 Leader might work.

3 Likes

I hope they can retain the moderator privileges other than reviewing post content. It’s similar to what Dan mentioned, but I want to keep their shield and moderator title. Can we have this kind of separate setting?

That would be TL4 (Leader)

They can keep the title that can be found in user admin page. As for the shield you’d probably have to create a ‘Moderator’ badge and use this theme component to display it.

1 Like

Here is what trust level 4 can do, for context:

Trust Level 4 – Leader

Leaders are regulars who have been around forever and seen everything. They set a positive example for the community through their actions and their posts. If you need advice, these are the folks you turn to first, and they’ve earned the highest level of community trust, such that they are almost moderators within the community already.

Get to trust level 4 by…

• Manual promotion by staff only

Users at trust level 4 can…

• Edit all posts
  • Pin/unpin topic
  • Close topics
  • Archive topics
  • Make topics unlisted
  • Split and merge topics
  • Reset topic bump date
  • Daily like, edit, and flag limits increased by 3×
  • Any TL4 flag cast on any post immediately takes effect and hides the target post
  • Can send personal messages to an email address

They can still perform moderation duties, but they don’t handle the review queue.

You can set the user’s trust level to 4, and remove their moderation. And you can use what ondrej mentioned to give them a badge and title.

4 Likes

Hmm… there is maybe a couple of things you could do with CSS. I am guessing they like to flag a post and manage their own flag.

Possible Solution

1. Create a theme component that hides Review & flag notification from current user if “problem mod”

If knows how to use Inspect element can unhide these buttons.

1. Revoke Moderation and grant level 4. Use CSS to go get problem former mid Sheild by their name.

2. More like #1. But needs a bit more complicated theme component. Have it compare current user with “flagger” & “target of flag”. If current user = either condition. Hide manage flag buttons and maybe display a message that they cannot manage a flag they initiated or are target of.

Same caveat as #1

1 Like