How many category moderators are shown on about page?

We are using specific category moderators feature, and they are shown on about page, but even when the moderator group includes more than one member, only one of them is shown. In the past, we’ve seen more than one member per category being shown, but as we expand the use of this resource, it seems there was a cut.
Is there a limit of members shown? If so, the limit is fixed by category or it depends of the total members shown on the about page? Is there a configuration we can use to rise this limit?

1 Like

I’ve just had a run-through on my test site, and added 3 test users to the group who category moderate the Discussion category, and they all show up on the About page:

The page will only show Admins and Moderators who have logged in within the last year, which can sometimes account for missing ones. If you can share a link to your page I could have a look to see if I can spot anything?

2 Likes

Unfortunely I can’t share the link, it’s a private page.
I saw the about page here on meta, and it shows more users too. I guess there might be a overall limit of users being shown on the page, since we included moderators in several categories.

1 Like

I’ve had a little scout about to see if there was anything special about the Category Moderators on the About page, and I did find this:

So it looks like it will display 100, and divvy those up between all the categories that have them enabled. Does that line up with what you’re seeing?

2 Likes

On the about page, we can see 17 users in staff, and 15 users as category moderators.

1 Like

Try to see the site using the safe-mode to see if the issue is still there

1 Like

Thanks for the tip.
I used the safe mode, but it still showed the same amount of users as in the standard mode.

Just to be sure, have you disabled both the theme and the plugins (official and unofficial) during your test?

If you visit the About page with the browser dev console open (click F12 on the keyboard) do you see errors of any kind?

In case you can PM the site link to @JammyDodger

1 Like

Yes, I disabled both the theme and the plugins (official and unofficial), but it didn’t change how many users are showed on the about page, neither any errors were shown on dev console.

Unfortunately, I can’t share the link anyway, because it’s in corporate enviroment, but I appreciate all your help.

1 Like

I was checking the code in the link @JammyDodger shared, and I just had a guess.
The limit is calculated dividing 100 by the count of categories that has some group in the field of moderation.
Since the moderator category is a thing we want to expand the use, we already linked groups with categories even the group is empty.
By doing so, the limit ended up being 1, even though we are far from showing 100 on the about page.
I guess this explain the situation I noticed.

3 Likes

That’s some good sleuthing. :slightly_smiling_face::+1: TL4s have a few abilities that make them excellent mini-mods if that would suit better?

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.