Hundreds of translation updates were reversed

Not sure why this happened. I am the biggest contributer to the Hebrew language in the past 2-3 months, so most if not all these changes to config/locales/client.he.yml are mine.

Redoing them all in crowdin is a pain. Can I submit a selective revert PR? How can I find out why this was reset?

@yaron is also a big contributor to the Hebrew language. Maybe try to coordinate with them. It looks like you both do not always agree on how to translate some terms or have stylistic differences.

True, but this is not Yaron’s doing, this is a revert or a bad merge in the code.

Maybe. I didn’t look at many strings, but js.broken_decorator_alert for example, changed because Yaron approved an older translation.

Can you point me to one or two strings that changed for a different reason?

Hey guys, @seefood thank you for your passionate work, it is truly admired, yet we need to better coordinate :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was privately contacted by @seefood.
He expressed the fact that he was unpleased with the way I handled his translations.
I did modify most of his translations and due to the way Crowdin works, it was credited for my username although he did most of the heavy lifting.

We still haven’t found the best way to work together although I truly appreciate his work and I want to thank him for everything he has done so far even if he doesn’t feel appreciated.

So again, sorry, thank you and I hope we can keep collaborating. :slight_smile:

2 Likes