Is header semantic search still experimental?

I am getting the same issue, however, is the above still applicable? I am still getting the error from the linked topic.

Ps. Why is “Reply as Linked Topic” not available on closed topics? Would totally make sense. :thinking:

1 Like

Getting an error here?

Failed to process hijacked response correctly : ArgumentError : address cannot be nil or empty

When I do an AI search - my issue is 1:1 with the topic I linked.

I mean, where is this happening, here on Meta or in your site?

Ah no, on my own instance. I’m not sure if I ever seen it work over there.

Oh it won’t work out of the box indeed, as it requires deployment of a re-reranker model and enabling per post embeddings.

One of the hurdles with per post embeddings is the storage cost associated with it, and we just made a big advance there via FEATURE: Index embeddings using bit vectors (#824) · discourse/discourse-ai@791fad1 · GitHub.

2 Likes

I know, I’ve followed every tutorial I could find on this. Not using self hosted models, just OpenAI.

That is why it is a hidden experimental setting :smile:

Well that was actually my question (see topic title), thanks.

Confusion arises because there is no hidden setting. As I recall, this should be set in app.yml and below is the only hidden setting that’s not commented out.

tldr; I was able to follow above mentioned guides without “unhiding” anything… just checking boxes in settings.

I saw a “quick search” here. Is it supposed to work like the instant search experiment? :open_mouth: