This is a feature suggestion, to have a modal pop-up that displays only for first time visitors to a Discourse site. The modal can be filled with HTML or other content types. The purpose is to say hello to first time visitors and encourage them to register.
This would most likely be implemented as a plug-in, called First time visitor.
Does something like this already exist?
Here are the settings I imagine the plug-in providing. I’d be glad to make a mock up, but I think we all know what a modal looks like.
- Activate modal: on / off
- Time delay before modal appears: ___ seconds
- Modal appears on vertical scroll to: ___ % page
- Modal content type: Markdown / HTML / Onebox / Default signup CTA
- Enter content here
- Display link to signup: on / off
- Display link to a post: ____ [post id]
- Display First time visitor on an anonymous user’s first ___ visits.