No longer assigned: deletion of assignments row vs `active=false`

I’m using the Data Explorer to look at assignments and what I believe I’ve discovered is that if an assignment is removed explicitly via the Unassign button, the row is deleted from the assignments table. But if the assignment is removed implicitly via closing the topic, the row is retained and the assignment is marked active=false.

What I’m wondering is whether there’s some deeper meaning / thinking at work here (and if so, what?), or if it’s just the result of two different devs who did things differently from each other.

2 Likes

If you reopen the topic the assignment becomes active again, so I think that one is more like cold storage.

2 Likes

This allows a neat management trick: close, and auto-reopen the topic at a set time. I do this with paperwork all the time, where I need to send something off and check it in the future. It de-clutters my assignments list in the meantime. :+1:

4 Likes

This time plain like is not enough. That is just brilliant solution!

1 Like

That’s not the behavior I’m seeing. Did we flip a setting somewhere?

1 Like

Oooh, maybe. Having a quick look I think they’re disabled by default, so the potential is there but you’d have to toggle them:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.