Notification Badge for pm @mentioning you

I just noticed that you don’t get a high priority notification badge, if you are mentioned in a personal message. You just get a normal notification badge.
At the moment you see _20220715_134811
Instead of _20220715_134714

I think it would be better if the notification for a pm in which you are mentioned would look like the one for a pm. At the moment a pm without a mention is more emphasized, than a pm which additionally mentions you.

While searching I found this post

which says that it should be different, but I could not find a topic explainig why this was changed. It still works this way for quotes and replies.

4 Likes

I think changing the notification number for messages to @ would be a great help too

3 Likes

I think this would be really cool. I may make a PR for this if I get a chance here in a bit.

2 Likes

I’d hold off on a PR for changes regarding this, we currently have a notification menu redesign & refactor in the works.

3 Likes

Alright then! I’m excited to see it when it comes out!

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: No green (or red) notification bubbles

Just tried again, a mention in a pm is still show as low priority.

1 Like

I think that’s how it works now? Mentions are blue. Though a PM (new or reply) will be green (and a flag is red).

Oh, I think I see:

• Create a PM and include an @mention in the OP
  • Notification comes in as Blue number and not Green envelope as it would without the @mention
2 Likes

I think this should be fixed by: :+1:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 3 days. New replies are no longer allowed.