Notification indicator & Scheduled paused notifications

I have to refresh to activate and deactivate the notification indicator after the paused notifications start/end. While I didn’t think it was a problem when I noticed that notifications still showed in the evening when they should have been off already because then you usually don’t use the site anyway. But it is a problem in the morning because notifications do not show though they should.

I took a video illustrating the issue starting at 6:29. The user on the left (light) has notifications turned on at 6:30. The user on the right (dark) has notifications turned off at 6:30. Both receive a notification of a bookmark at 6:30 (+ x). So I would expect to see a notification indicator on the left, but instead, it appears on the right. After refreshing, everything works as expected.

The automatic enabling of notifications, which still needs a manual refresh, seems to be a bug.

3 Likes

Thanks @Moin, I can reproduce this as well. It has to do with a recent refactor of the header and we’re looking into a fix already.

3 Likes