Plugin/Feature for Post series or collections

I wonder if there are plugins to support Series as in dev.to Series allows users to post multiple-related posts and explicitly link them together: e.g, a multi-part tutorial, and add one more dimension to organize the contents.

It would be a nice feature to allow users add more structure and link to posts.

3 Likes

Hi @hbm
You can check

2 Likes

thanks! The journal plugin is interesting, it promotes multiple entries in one thread. I was originally thinking of series of multiple threads, But this use case is also worth considering.

1 Like

This is what we had folks do on a forum I was running in the past: How to enable your community to use Discourse as a (micro) blogging platform

It requires allowing users to create new tags, but otherwise doesn’t strictly require any plugins.

That said, it is easy for folks to do things “wrong” and so some mixed results may be expected without moderator intervention.

Perhaps it is a reasonable starting point though, even if you do determine a plugin is needed. There are a handful of other topics linked to that one that may be of interest as well.

This feature reminds me of the core module in Drupal called “Book”. There is an overview doc of it at Book module overview | Book module | Drupal Wiki guide on Drupal.org, which itself is a work in progress, but the that section itself actually uses the module; Drupal docs are various “books” in this sense.

The book module is why I fell in love with Drupal 5 (our relationship has… cooled since then :upside_down_face:), and for some reason I’ve never seen their implementation copied into other systems; even WordPress doesn’t have an ordered structure out of the box (unless your order is by date).

1 Like

wow. I also had a relationship with Drupal, old memories from >10 years ago with Drupal 6. Thanks for the pointer! It is indeed essential for CMS that needs more structure of contents.

1 Like

Thanks Dave, that’s an interesting approach! It’d need community members to self-regulate on the tags a bit, I’ll consider this option.

1 Like