Posts on @system Account

Hey there! How do I make posts from the @system account? I’ve been wondering as it’s our “Official Notice” account.

Hi :wave:

There are two options I see here. The first is that you post something and then transfer ownership of your post / topic to system. This can be done by going to the post admin wrench :wrench: and selecting ‘Change Ownership’

The second option is to Impersonate system by going to https://your-site-name/admin/users/-1/system and scrolling down to the bottom until you see this

This will be next to the merge, delete and anonymise user buttons.

I believe that for this to work, your email must be in the developer email in the yml? (someone can correct me here if I’m wrong)

Hope this helped :wink:

5 Likes

You’re correct. You can only impersonate admins (including system and discobot) if your email is listed as a developer email in yml.

There is a third option although I don’t recommend this personally. You can post as system via the API by using an admin generated API key that is valid for all users

5 Likes

Thanks for your help!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.