Restarted VPS, forums no longer working due to CloudFlare

Hey there!

Installed Discourse around 6 months back, was working perfectly. All updated via the admin panel, awesome.

Have done two VPS restarts before, no issues.

Now, I just restarted my VPS, went to my forums and nothing. Zilch. Nada.

No idea why, I did a unicorn service restart thing I found on a thread somewhere, but no idea past that.

I have 0 experience with anything technical, essentially, so please respond to me like I’m a 5 year old :smiley:

Cheers

Sparkz

1 Like

A further note, and something slightly different -

Web version of forums no longer working, mobile still works just fine and it appears all the services are running.

Apologies for asking silly questions, but what the heck is going on? :open_mouth:

When you open the console, do you by any chance get the following error? Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'startRouting' of undefined

I seem to be having a similar issue on my forums.

I’ve not seen any errors as such, that I recognise.

The steps that led to the problem:

Webmin (Perl-Based GUI I use to manage my VPS) told me I had 50+ package updates, all standard routine stuff, that I apply frequently, and to my main server as well.

After restart the VPS, I went to my forums, no-go. I went to the admin panel, noticed two upgrades, one for docker and one for discourse, ran them both, still, nothing.

Mobile forums work fine, web-based don’t.

I’m obviously missing something, but what the heck it is I don’t know

Give a link to the forum please.

1 Like

forums.multicube.co is the domain :slight_smile:

Disable Cloudfare rocket loader and your forum will be back!

6 Likes

Rafael, I cannot thank you enough - I didn’t even have a clue about that, thank you so much, and cheers for the quick reply :slight_smile:

3 Likes