Reviewed new topics workflow

I was trying to figure out a workflow where draft topics created by a specific user requires approval from someone in an ‘Editor’ Group before the topic becomes visible.

As all topics will come from a specific users, is there a way to force all topics from a user to require approval? Or is there a way to manually flag a topic to require approval? I though also about using the ‘flag’ system for this, which is one workaround but then I think only moderators will be able to review the topic.

Hi Isambard,

In category settings you can select that all topics go through approval

In the image above below ‘Moderation’ you can set a group name. In your case I think category moderators would work nicely. You can see what ‘powers’ category moderatos have in this topic here.

There is a manual way to put items in the review queue but this way seems ineffective as it makes you choose a flag option and just wanting to review a topic doesn’t fit the bill of any of the flagging options in my opinion.

:thinking: As a side note… maybe the ‘Queue For review’ Button should always be clickable or else you might as well just flag the post normally its the same amount of clicks.

3 Likes

I think you can add custom flag types soon. Then you could create a review flag.

3 Likes

Ohh thats a pretty neat soon to be feature!

2 Likes

A special category plus category moderators was also one of my first thoughts.

This does limit that all posts have to go to a specific category. I guess I could add some kind of post-approve hook to then re-categorize it or task the reviewers with manually doing that as part of the review step.