Show username menu instead of notification menu in user menu?

Is it possible that I show the username menu and not the notification menu, when I click on the username icon as shown in below pic?

This is because I want my users to have access to logout in one click.

Thanks
Oneflydown

1 Like

Hello and welcome to meta @oneflydown

No, currently not an option. Also why is ā€˜one-click logoutā€™ important?

Press ? to see the keyboard shortcuts. There is a keyboard shortcut to log out.

1 Like

Thanks for reply, I personally donā€™t logout, but I have used Discourse for a client, and he is persistently asking for the same: may be from old school of thought.

Great, I have seen it ZZ. But, I have used Discourse for a client, and he wants it that way. May be I can post this in marketplace, as I am looking for few more customisationā€™s. Thanks

Btw, Is it not a change of default tab index, that I could achieve through, may be JavaScript?

You should create a theme component that puts a logout linkā€¦somewhere. I did this for a client whose community members are likely to be using public access computers.

4 Likes

You can do it by reopening the user-menu widget and change itā€™s default state. Simply change: currentQuickAccess: 'profile',, like this

<script type="text/discourse-plugin" version="0.8.20">
  api.reopenWidget("user-menu", {
    defaultState() {
      return {
        currentQuickAccess: 'profile',
        hasUnread: false,
        markUnread: null
      };
    }
  });
</script>

More details on user-menu widget, here:
https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/app/assets/javascripts/discourse/widgets/user-menu.js#L168

8 Likes

Wow, such a simple tweak. Thanks @zcuric

1 Like

This worked great! But how can I mark the profile tab as ā€œisActiveā€, meaning that this tab will be greyed instead of the notifications tab.

I see a markAsActive function already available but Iā€™m struggling to build the correct syntax to call this function on the profile tab as part of my theme component.

1 Like