Solved Button Plugin

Note, solved button is now deployed on meta.

I enabled it on the “support” category, if you are the OP you will see an accept answer button unless the topic is closed.

To enable it you need to edit the category to “allow accepted answers”, by default no categories allow them (I may add a site setting override here, to globally enable)

14 Likes

Please OP use it and show us the power of this plugin :smiley:

1 Like

Here’s an example: mapRoutes and I18n errors in the error log

1 Like

Exciting… Happy to deploy for live testing as soon you feel it’s ready.

3 Likes
  1. Should there be some kind of confirmation if OP changes which post is the accepted answer? It seemed way too easy to do by mistake and the UI doesn’t make it terribly obvious that clicking that check button changed the answer. (Green background for the post?)

2. Can staff (moderators/admins) also select accepted answers?

1 Like

Yes they can, I suppressed the button you must press the ... to see it.

I stripped the green background for now, it can easily be added with a css rule. I will look at adding a confirmation if you change the answer from an existing one, but not for the initial accept.

1 Like

It seems relatively common that the “best” solution changes over time…
… how best might the change in the “best” answer be handled.

I’ve seen this on StackOverflow…

… and other places .e.g. The best oil for an engine is “Brand X, Model W14” then later “Brand X” does away with the “Model W14” product and an alternative oil is best.

1 Like

I see that the plugin is being used here on meta. Is the source code available somewhere?

You’ve been looking for “solved” haven’t you? :wink:

The repo is at

1 Like

Yeah that is a pretty bad name @sam, it really should be solved or solution.

will get it fixed but not sure what name makes most sense

discourse-solutions
discourse-solved
discourse-accepted-answers

none of them are particularly spectacular.

Seems pretty clear to me

5 Likes

Still think the green background is a good move. As it stands now for long topics, it’s painful to try to scan the page for the correct reply.

1 Like

your call the CSS class is there so you can style it as you wish, we are moving away for loud backgrounds for our default styles so its a sane default.

2 Likes

Is there some magic required to enable this? I’ve added the plugin (discourse-solved) and rebuilt the web container (separate web and data), which is otherwise running 1.3.2. The plugin is listed among the other plugins under Admin -> Plugins, but I’m not seeing any new settings on the category setting dialog to enable it…

edit the category you want to enable it for, go to settings, enable solutions by ticking “Allow users to accept answers”

This is what I see on the edit category dialog:

But it looks installed, right?

you must be on absolute latest for this to work.

Ah. That’s too bad. :disappointed: I was hoping that it being a plugin, it would work with a two week old Discourse. :wink:

1 Like

Bug: Missing translation…

(Taken after a hard-refresh, on this thread, just to make sure…)

3 Likes