Stripe Donations Plugin

Yes - my post regarding the fork is buried mid-way through the topic, but sadly the choiceaustralia project (which originated discourse-donations) is no longer maintained.

My fork is working AFAIK. I’d appreciate if a meta mod could reshuffle posts/categories to make this clearer.

8 Likes

@HAWK night help out here.

@ChrisBeach, You could just start a new linked topic yourself (click the link icon and then be topic), as it seems that this is really a separate plugin at this point.

6 Likes

Did you create a new topic for your plugin?

In other news, it appears that even if the plugin is installed but the “enable” box is not set, you still get a “donations” link.

1 Like

Hi @pfaffman,

Someone helpfully made the first post of this topic into a wiki post so I was able to update it with a link to my plugin fork.

Thanks for pointing out the issue with the link being shown while the plugin is disabled. I’m away from my laptop for the next week (painful). But I’ll look into it when I can, or happy to merge a PR if someone would like to address the bug in the meantime. [Now fixed]

4 Likes

This is now fixed. Thanks again for reporting :+1:

6 Likes

Plugin is working great. There are a couple of bugs my users have reported.

1. When entering the card information on a mobile the user has to side scroll to enter in expiration date, CVC, and zip code. This is not readily apparent on the page as placement of everything else is fine - including custom text.

2. On dark theme the text in the card entry displays as black instead of white.

This doesn’t impact payments going through, but it gets brought up every time someone is generous enough to make a donation. I have a much older crowd on my site, lots of folks in their 60s and 70s, and I try to keep the visual challenges to a minimum.

3 Likes

Is the plugin still fine?

Can I see an active discourse site with the plugin working?

Thanks

Did you get it working on your site @8BIT ?

1 Like

never got this to fully work.

I just installed it over at https://support.literatecomputing.com/. It looks like it’s working, but I’ve not completed a transaction with it.

If anyone wants to see it work, you’re welcome to give me a donation. :slight_smile:

Hey, @8BIT. If you want to give it a try on my site, to see how it works, I’ll deduct your donation from your next invoice. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks!

Can I change currency? And translate text?

There is a setting to change currency. You can add a translation for whatever language you want. You can look at the source to see what’s there.

1 Like

Just a gentle reminder that sockpuppet (fake accounts pretending to be a different person) accounts will not be tolerated here :wink:

3 Likes

It was the same guy? :rofl:

I don’t feel comfortable knowing that the guy who create this plugin is not in good term with Discourse. Maybe someone can take control of it? Don’t know if it’s possible. I mean, if a bug appears with something, there’s nobody who can help?

It’s open source, so it can be fixed if need be. There are plenty of people who can help if you have a budget.

I plan to install it on @8BIT’s site in a little while.

1 Like

I add the plugin to my forum, it works perfectly! Thanks!

But two things are not ok :

1. This a french forum so I had to translate it and some text are impossible to translate. Is it possible to add these texts in the admin tab?

When it is successful :

Successful

When there is an error :

Error

1. Time zone (when is successful) is not right. I made the donation in the morning at 8:30 am and not 12:31 pm
1 Like

Hey there,

For non-login, the plugin ask their email for the receipt. Can I have the option to remove it?

And it still not the right date and the end for the donation. It’s always 14th july 2018.

This can’t be accurate.

@ChrisBeach - I don’t know if you are still working this but I received a fatal error when trying to process donations.

NameError (undefined local variable or method `metedata' for #<DiscourseDonations::Stripe:0x00007f7ed165f368>)

Hi @ezworldwide - I’m afraid I can no longer maintain this project as I’m focusing instead on the paid pinning plugin

https://github.com/chrisbeach/discourse-paid-pinning

3 Likes