Topic List Previews Theme Component

I don’t encounter this issue on my iPad either…

If the issue really exists it will be difficult to solve it without seeing the code.

You can still try adding this CSS though, it might work:

.topic-thumbnail img.thumbnail {    
    border-radius: 1em;
}
1 Like
.topic-views {
    display: none;
    & + div > .middot {
    }
}
.topic-map .views {
}

Will hide the view counts on the topics list and below the first post when you open a topic.

5 Likes

@merefield so I have the plugin installed… but I must be missing something, because this is still the layout?

1 Like

That’s probably because the main element is a theme component :wink:

TLP is slightly unique in that it is a Theme Component with an optional additional install of a plugin. You must at least install and enable the theme component.

3 Likes

Thanks for the note… I was able to figure it out from your feedback.

AND WOW… GAME-CHANGER!!! THANK YOU! How is this not standard?? So much more attractive, especially since we constantly have to be on our feet with other competitors like FB.

3 Likes

@merefield my only other question right now is how do I get those layout to appear across all categories? Currently. it only displays like this when I’m on the “Everything” category.

3 Likes

Sure, there’s a nice shortcut setting for that, just make sure this is ON:

3 Likes

I don’t seem to have that option?

1 Like

It’s in the Theme Component settings.

3 Likes

Absolute game changer - thank you!

3 Likes

@merefield another question/issue that I noticed… on the outside, media is displaying fine, but then when the topic is clicked, the image is broken inside? Any insight to this? Thanks!

3 Likes

Yeah, this is a known issue, I should put it into the OP of the Plugin Topic.

It’s down to part of the experimental colorization logic.

Just simply turn this setting OFF in the plugin:

and rebuild the Post:

I’ll probably not have time to look at that for a while, but you should be good to go now.

I’ll mark that setting as experimental and default OFF when I next do a release …

4 Likes

Sorry, but where are you at to “Rebuild HTML”?

Thanks again!

1 Like

Post admin menu via the dots.

3 Likes

I realized I also needed to update the plugin for that to show. Thanks!

Very good plugin. It looks very nice. <3 Thanks

1 Like

Hi!
I believe the Toplic list preview will not show a thumbnail if I disable the ‘download remote images to local’, is that correct?

Yes, that’s correct, you must set download_remote_images_to_local if you want Oneboxes in your posts to generate thumbnails. This logic is in core.

Hi Robert,

Do you know why the thumbnail is displayed above the topic title and excerpts? I want to make it in the same line.

I didn’t install sidecar plugin. Is it required to achieve this?

Thanks ahead.

The plugin does not concern itself with layout.

Looks like something is interfering with TLP. Can you please confirm you have no other Theme Components or CSS interfering with the Topic List?

For example, the Title should sit to the right of the image and wrap in the space beside it.