Unable to delete Lounge Category

Hello,

I installed discourse recently. Great Software. But I am having a problem. I am creating the categories for my Site but there’s a default Lounge category which I am unable to delete. It simply say’s “Can’t delete this category because topic count is 1” But there are no topics expect the description topic that is “About Lounge Category” and I am unable to delete this as well.

Please guide me on how to get rid of this builtin category. Or

Regards,
Rahul

(Stefano Costa) #2

Hello,
some hints at solving your issues with the Lounge category can be found in these old topics:

What steps did you take to delete the About topic in the Lounge category?

I had seen them already. In fact, I searched and found these two topics but they didn’t help much. To deleted them I went to Edit category -> Security, but it shows the message I said in my main post.

There is only one topic available in the lounge category and that is About Lounge Category which I am unable to remove since there’s no option to remove it from the topic admin settings.

See: Screenshot by Lightshot

This is what I see when I try to delete the category: Screenshot by Lightshot

I never posted any topic in lounge but still shows 1 topic.

(Stefano Costa) #4

To delete the topic, click on the wrench icon :wrench: then Select messages and go on to select the first message in the topic, you should be able to delete it.

Except the description topic there are no messages. I tried what you said before posting, still didn’t work.

For now I have suppressed it from showing up in the homepage.

(Avaruusromu) #6

I have exactly the same issue and no solution.

Just in case if it matters: I may have posted some random test post there after installation, but have deleted it - if it even was on that forum. So only post that is left is the undeletable About topic.

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #7

We’re planning to relax the permission restrictions on Lounge. This is a #planned enhancement.

(Jeff Atwood) #8

I am unclear how this is related. Deleting is supposed to work, so this is a bug, not a “planned enhancement”

(Neil Lalonde) #9

Hmm, I tested it and was able to delete the Lounge category. Like you said @RahulSharma, there was 1 topic which I didn’t create.

I had two topics showing in Lounge: “Welcome to the Lounge” and “About the Lounge category”. I deleted the “Welcome to the Lounge” topic, and then I could delete the Lounge. Do you see a “Welcome to the Lounge” topic?

(Erlend Sogge Heggen) #10