User Portfolio Theme Component

:link: GitHub - discourse/discourse-user-portfolio: Theme component to display a portfolio in the user profile

This theme component adds a new “Portfolio” tab to the user profile. It can be configured to show the user’s topics from a specific category and/or tag. It also works great alongside the Topic List Thumbnails Theme Component

A portfolio button can optionally be added to user cards:

Screenshot 2020-07-03 at 10.02.07

30 Likes

This is terrific! :partying_face:

4 Likes

Fantastic component! I’ve long looked for something to make profiles more expressive.

However, thinking about implementing it, one thing is holding me back: I think it would be necessary for users to have more control over what appears on their portfolio. With edits and deletions of posts limited, that’s difficult.

Any idea how to solve this? (Making all posts in the portfolio category wikis could be a solution, though not ideal.)

One option to give users more control is a ‘portfolio’ tag which they can apply to their posts. But you’re right, they can’t remove it later without edit privileges. Wikis are a good workaround.

Any changes to editing permissions wouldn’t be possible in a theme component, so we’d have to explore a core change or a plugin to make it possible.

3 Likes

Actually this feature has been in the Topic List Previews plugin since Oct 2019 and was carried over into the TLP Theme Component:

4 Likes