What happens for a post in a muted category with a watched tag?

Hey there just signed up as I’ve been trying to searching/look around for what can be done for Discourse powered forum; (although this is 4 years old it appears to fit best)
Where currently it has a big focus put on tags and that many people mute and follow various tags…however as a result of how currently the notification system works. The watching tags have priority over muted tags resulting in people getting notifications of topics that they do not want. This does also apply to categories of where a watched tag is overriding a muted category as well, but the main problem appears to be (and I feel is as well) is that watching tag comes first.
Example of this in the context of this forum: I have muted ai-bot tag but have completed tag watched. As a result I expect to never get any topic with ai-bot even ones with completed. However I one day I get a notification about Enabling AI Bot in Chat which has both tags in it due to how the system currently works.

Is there some way to have an option for the user to decide as to which tag and/or category comes first or have the admins be able to change/set this themselves?