Zendesk: Two-Way Sync

A point of clarification about the intended functionality of the new Discourse Zendesk plugin: is the plugin designed to support two-communication between messages posted from Discourse and delivered to Zendesk and, equally important, messages posted from Zendesk and delivered back to Discourse? If so, I am unable to get my Zendesk messages to push back into Discourse, which currently results in the plugin being more of a notification assistant and not necessarily streamlining communication between the two platforms.

4 Likes

The plugin does not currently support syncing replies created on Zendesk with Discourse. Replies added to the Discourse topic will be pushed to Zendesk, but replies added on Zendesk will not get pushed back to Discourse.

3 Likes

@Isaac_Farley this is something we have on the list to look into, but we don’t have a timeline on when or if it will be implemented yet.

6 Likes

Thanks for the update @justin. Probably goes without saying, but we’d appreciate having that functionality added.

5 Likes

i am seconding Isaac’s request for syncing back to Discourse from Zendesk replies. This is critical for us in setting timely SLAs and accountability of our team for managing our community via Discourse. thank you

3 Likes

Any updates on this request?

1 Like

I am currently working on this feature. Expect an update from me in a week.

6 Likes

Zendesk plugin now supports two-way sync. Here is how to enable this feature:

7 Likes