New for 1.9 is the ability to take some actions based on watched words found in a post.
- Block the post at the time it is submitted. User sees a message saying they’ve used a word that’s not allowed.
- Flag the post as inappropriate, but allow it to be submitted.
Censor the words, which replaces the
censored_wordssite setting being removed by this feature.
- Require Approval of the post, hiding it until staff reviews it.
- add a Link to a word
- Replace words in posts with other words
- Tag the post automatically. 1 or more tags can be added.
- Silence a user who uses a specific word on the first post and send the post to the moderation queue
There’s a max of 1000 words per action. In practice, “bad word lists” I found rarely contain more than a few hundred.
* can be used as a wildcard.
Found in Admin, the navigation is similar to the settings.
By default, the words are hidden. Checking the “show words” checkbox will display them and allow you to delete them. Using the search field will also reveal any matching words.