Coming back to Discourse 👋

Hello all!

Some of you know me, but many don’t. I was an early employee at Discourse, having closely followed the product since its inception.

erlend-old-profile

:point_up: That hair? Gone. Forget about it.
:point_down: Now I wear at minimum two head garments to compensate (jk)

I also don’t actually wear glasses.

Professional bio

To catch up on my professional story, I’ve written quite extensively about it on my GitHub profile.

Back in 50% time, 100% commitment

I am rejoining Discourse as a Product Manager. We’ll expand on what exactly my product focus will be in the next few weeks.

I’ll be at 50% capacity because the other half is already occupied by my life as an indie game developer.

While this means my attention will be divided, 90% of my time in game development is spent communicating with teams and communities. As a game developer I still find myself lacking the all-in-one comms tool that Discourse is on the verge of becoming. A huge part of my product vision will be informed by my own needs as an archetypical gamedev customer.

I’m so so so looking forward to talking a whole lot more about what I’ll be working on. See you all around! :relaxed:

52 Likes

Welcome back @erlend_sh :tada:

Glad to have you back and I can’t wait to see what improvements you will bring to Discourse :smiley:

10 Likes

Welcome back @erlend_sh :tada: :clap:

9 Likes

Welcome back @erlend_sh!
:fireworks: :confetti_ball: :tada:

9 Likes

Welcome back my man @erlend_sh :partying_face:

7 Likes

Welcome back :smiley:

An interesting read, thanks for the insight!

Can I ask what led to the comeback? Have your paths now realigned? :thinking:

8 Likes

Oh, I remember those early days (still have the T-Shirt!). Nice to have you back!

6 Likes