Hide Lock Badge Icon

I took a look at that at the same time, but couldn’t work out how to effectively target the right bit of HTML to hide it.

My issue was that I can’t seem to make SASS variables work in selectors.

If I could work out how to do that, could also make it compatible with alternate lock icon.

1 Like

Glad this was bumped, I’ve had multiple users ask me how they can use a section (that they’ve always been able to use) because they just assume lock=can’t use this.

2 Likes

You can use this TC to change the icon to whatever you like:

I (used to) use unlock-alt for the very reason you state - until I developed the need to hide them for some categories!!

3 Likes

Here 'tis:

1 Like

This has been merged. Thanks @nathank. :smiley: :hugs:

edit: also updated the about info

2 Likes

Discovered a regression! When I put in a category/subcategory, it was breaking the TC due to the change above corrupting the CSS.

Fresh PR now (also tidies up something else I missed):

2 Likes

Merged. thanks Nathan. I didn’t even notice. I loaded it into my test instance and had a quick look, but I didn’t see any errors and it seemed to be working as expected (but admittedly didn’t check subcategories :woman_facepalming:t2:).

3 Likes

And another one!

This one adds the ability to cope with alternative lock icons (from Category Icons), and tidies up another loose end with the Discourse Category Headers.

2 Likes

Merged :slight_smile: Nice add - thanks!

I really need to spend some time and finish getting the category list_type chooser working. I just need to get a working findby() function.

3 Likes