Is there a Spanish version?

I just want to know if I can use the script for a Spanish site.

Spanish is one of the more complete translations.

Spanish (Spain)
97%
110 strings to translate

4 Likes

Totalmente de acuerdo, y lo que no está traducido, lo estamos traduciendo :wink: :es:

Anyway, do you know how “validate” translates @Mittineague ?
Ah, I need to be “Reviewer” :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Sorry, but I don’t know what you’re asking.
“validar”, but you must know that.

I referer to this:

I think that discourse “team” have “reviewers” to “validate” translations.

PS, I think that @techapj can help here :thumbsup:

1 Like

I just made you reviewer of Spanish Argentina :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks, I’ve already copy es_ES to es_AR, now I review, and I’ll change to argentinian idioms :blush:

Now Spanish from Argentina is translated in 100% too :thumbsup:

If you need help reviewing es_ES, just let me know.

5 Likes

Also made you reviewer of the es_ES :es: locale :wink:

2 Likes

I completed the spanish version now to 100%, but reviewers have some work hehe

1 Like

Gracias @Fer_Nando

A doubt @zogstrip, why is there a “ES” version, and then other “es_AR”, “es_ES”, etc.
The “es” version for what purpose exist?

See RFC 4646 - Tags for Identifying Languages “Tags for Identifying Languages” for example. The bare “es” is just Spanish (español). Bare “en” is just English. If you want a specific version, you ask for the version with your region (hyphen country code, not underscore). And absent that specific version, you want to fall back to the general one: just “es”.

Thanks @elijah, but in this case “es” version is equal for “es_ES” version.
As a reviewer, I can not review both versions, it’s a waste of time.

Yes, I was a bit confused on why there would be both. Seems redundant to me.
I’m guessing the more general “es” was started before it was realized that country specific translations would be needed

1 Like

My site is in Spanish but the TOS stayed in English.

Any idea for an easy fix?

La verdad es que los TOS los traduje hace mucho tiempo, y cada vez que Discourse cambia algo, los vuelven a poner en inglés, entonces me cansé jejeje… No es una tarea fácil traducir todos los TOS al español.

Aquí está el debate para hablar sobre los TOS en español: Términos de Servicio (tos_topic.body) 🇪🇸

Me hice un repositorio completo para no tener que empezar de cero cada vez que Discourse actualizaba los términos: https://github.com/SidVal/SidV/tree/master/discourse

Si queres sumarte al equipo de transifex para ayudar en cada traducciĂłn, sos bienvenido.
AquĂ­ explico cĂłmo tenes que sumarte: https://meta.discourse.org/t/como-traducir-con-transifex/104566

Update: @absi, he revisado los TOS en Transifex, y sí están traducidos. ¿Qué lenguaje en español estás usando? :thinking: ¿Tienes la última versión de discourse?

@SidV pues la verdad es que no se porque sigue en ingles. La politica de privacidad, si esta en español. ¿Hay manera de solucionarlo?

Ahí verifiqué y parece ser un bug, vamos a ver qué dicen aca: TOS translated but stayed in English

Saludos