Is there any admin setting to disable the "post needs approval" email that is sent to users?

Hi!,
I am writing to ask a question about the email notifications for the approval process in Discourse. Is there a setting to disable the “post needs approval” email that is sent to users?

I have noticed that every time I approve or reject a post, the user who submitted the post receives an email notification. This can be annoying and unnecessary for some users, especially if they already use the Discourse app or website to check the status of their posts.

I would like to know if there is a way to turn off these email notifications, or at least make them optional for the users. I have searched the settings and the documentation, but I could not find any option to do that.

If you know how to disable the “post needs approval” email, or if you have any suggestions or feedback, please let me know. I appreciate your help and cooperation.

1 Like

If they see the notification online discourse will not send an email. Is this your main concern?

yes, emails for a password reset should be sent only

I’m also interested in this. We are building category where posts need to be pre-approved, and the users already know this. An email notification would be noise and contribute towards alert fatigue.