Liking own posts — a specific use case of discourse

Ah, that’s interesting. Not ideal, but would work, yeah.

2 Likes

There is also the Retort plugin to add reactions

3 Likes

Maybe just create a tag called “needs help”? I don’t see how a like solves anything.

2 Likes

This will surely liven up our discussions, I’m going to install it, thanks.

2 Likes

I think liking is much easier. Adding a tag is too much effort, it will stop people from engaging. It’s a math class, it’s hard enough.

1 Like

Your very welcome. The Devs have done an excellent job making Discourse very customizable. Still learning a lot myself.

Have to do some research but the Data Explorer plugin maybe able to add some tools for the teacher and student as well.

If you look into adding custom emojis you can also use more math related emoji pics.

3 Likes

Yeah, discourse is awesome. I actually should go solve some problems, but I’m exploring what else I can do with it, haha.

4 Likes

Well if you need a hand feel free to message me and will help where I can.

3 Likes

Sounds like what you need is the topic voting plugin: Discourse Voting.

Due to the way liking is structured, building a plugin that lets you like your own posts is a little tricky. I would not advise it as your first Discourse plugin.

3 Likes

Ok, good to know, thank you.

1 Like

FWIW, not a fan of “liking ones on posts” …

… but of course that does not stop FB users.

Hope meta discourse does not implement this.

2 Likes

You know what is cool though…liking posts as other people :slight_smile:

2020-03-16 20.10.55

10 Likes

:rofl: Thanks for making me laugh. You almost sounded like a little kid. :laughing:

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.