Mailgun huge dropped subscriber

Hi All,

I hope you are good. I noticed a high dropped number of subscriber in the mailgun dashbord, is this related to GDPR and then normal ? Or did i do something wrong ?

Did i miss an annoncement ?

Many thanks

Those are essentially bounced emails if I understand it correctly. Not sure what the cause would be though. I would check the logs and or contact Mailgun Support.

1 Like

yes thank you, i’m waiting for their answer and will keep you posted.
Cheers

You can filter the Mailgun log for those messages, then see in the summaries what the prevalent issue might be.

If you are on a shared IP address at Mailgun, it’s possible that another account caused it to be blacklisted by one or more of the common email services which would affect deliverability to your users on them.

Mailgun support is pretty good about switching you to a “less noisy” IP address if that happens.

Did you hear back from mailgun on this @Jeremie_Leroy?

Hi @codinghorror,

no not really, but it seems to work back normally now, but the behaviour is different where now it sends emails once a week and it doesn’t grow much anymore, it is fairly stable.

I also went for a dedicated IP thinking that it would improve, but i’m not to sure about it.

Let me know if i can help more.

Best,

2 Likes

Of course when a user creates an account in Discourse, the email is definitely verified working at that time because email = identity in Discourse.

But email accounts can stop working over time, or it could be a migration with existing users who can log in but no longer have control over their old email address, etc.

The process of counting email bounces, if configured, can be important for those reasons:

2 Likes

Yes, it is now down, i was previously only having the Permanent fail. I now added the temporary fail.
thanks @codinghorror.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.