New site landing-page + discourse integration and marketing

What would you like done?

Plan to have main site with professional looking landing-page, either with discourse or wordpress/other system

When do you need it done?

Within next few months

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?

$75 for initial payment, hopefully more budget later in the year depending on revenue.

Purpose of initial site is for taking delivery requests for delivering restaurant take-out, similar to Uber-Eats platform.

Longer-range vision is for construction company site, that will need more development.

If anyone is interested in web-development for this you can send me a PM, or post here.

Will consider applicants and can make a payment of $75 for starting work in July.

What are you expecting for $75? A mockup for a landing page might be in that price range assuming there’s a chance for a long-term relationship.

4 Likes

I don’t have any expectations, I know $75 isn’t much. Hopefully will be able to budget something more like 2k one day for professional site but don’t have that today.

May re-launch hosted site with discourse is good for only $100 a month that is a bargain.

Can generate about $100 a day revenue delivering with Uber but local restaurants in my town don’t use that.

For professional carpentry service my minimum fee is $200, need to have that clearly explained on landing page (that is to cover being able to arrive at a worksite with truck, tools + supplies, and be able to haul away debris costs $183.38 a ton in my county).

So your professional marketing page is worth less than half what your minimum fee is.

Budget aside, you’re really asking the wrong question in the wrong place. Discourse is a terrible choice for a landing page. It’s one of the things it’s worst at. www.discourse.org is a jekyll site.

I’d recommend that you check out https://jekyllrb.com/ and https://oneflow-jekyll-theme.github.io/ which is how I created https://www.formhoster.com/. For $300-500, I would get you set up so that it would be hosted for free on github, get something basic set up and see that you knew how to make simple edits.

4 Likes

Well no, no. $400 may be possible to budget for Jekyll site but can’t promise that now.

Landing page itself is different from marketing outreach such as running paid advertising.

1 Like

If you’re interested in being on my board of directors am also recruiting for that, although can’t offer a permanent salary yet. This is a requirement to register company as a social-purpose or non-profit corporation in Washington State.

1 Like

What do you guys use for payment processing?

Discourse Subscriptions supports stripe.

2 Likes

Right that is something that couldn’t figure out how to make work, have stripe but haven’t got that integrated with discourse would be good if had subscribers for that.

Was asking about how would be able to send you or @jericson payment if you’ll accept payment of $75, that is all I can budget in the immediate future but hopefully will have better budget within a few months.

I don’t think you’ll get anyone to do this work for $75 I’m afraid.

2 Likes

What do you mean by a “mockup” ?

Sorry @Architect, I don’t think this is a suitable offering for the marketplace. I’m going to close this off now.

2 Likes