Port 443 of computer does not appear to be accessible

Found similar issues but none of them worked for me and my DNS IP is the same as machine public IP where I am trying to install Discourse, still getting this error.

It’s just a warning. If you rebuild the container, does it work?

You also might not be able to access the public IP from the computer itself since (given the hostname) it looks like it’s a NATted IP.

1 Like

when I run ./laucher rebuild app. It failed to rebuild. Also could please tell me whats NATted IP and how can I solve it.

Apache is using the ports isn’t it?

Apache is using port 80 i guess i dont know much about it. I was just following these steps https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md

Can this be the problem it says port 443 is closed.

If you have no use for it (might be there by default) you should remove it and then be able to follow the usual steps in the link

1 Like

Won’t help for sure :sweat_smile:

I have successfully installed discourse but when i am visiting hostname it shows me Apache page instead of Discourse. Any idea what could be going wrong?

I have successfully installed discourse but when i am visiting hostname it shows me Apache page instead of Discourse. Any idea what could be going wrong?

I suggest something like sudo systemctl stop apache2 and sudo systemctl disable apache2 , or even sudo apt remove apache2

2 Likes

If I am stoping apache an then visiting hostname it throws an error this site can’t be reach.

was it with apache down ? (because i’m not sure it could easily be done with apache holding the 80 port)

i have install apache and edit apache conf to Listen 80 Listen 443 and then restart it and ran ./launcher rebuild app and it installed discourse.

Discourse doesn’t require Apache. Disable or uninstall it, then reboot. At that point Discourse will have access to the necessary ports.

1 Like

Thanks, man. I stop apache and ran ./launcher rebuild app and now i can see discourse on my hostname. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Make sure Apache is disabled or uninstalled, otherwise the next time your server is rebooted Discourse will be blocked from accessing the port again.

1 Like

okay and I am not receiving Activation email I have checked spams also.

Ok, that not related to the above. There are topics dedicated to troubleshooting email.

1 Like

Do i have to install ngnix?