Post reaction limited by Microsoft Surface Edge + Chrome

Good day,

With Microsoft Edge there doesn’t seem to be a way to react to posts with the different options that are enabled, don’t know if there may be a way to change that with settings, or this may be a compatibility issue between microsoft and discourse?

Here at meta with edge can only “like” posts, not clap or choose one of the other react options.

That is a great feature to have those different options! Plan to integrate that with my sites, haven’t figured out how to do that yet.

Best regards.

1 Like

I have no problems using Discourse Reactions with Microsoft Edge

2 Likes

Problem must be on my side then, is with windows 10 surface tablet not sure if that matters.

I’m not a windows or edge user, but maybe try the “repair” function in Windows 10 for Edge - go to Control Panel/ Programs/ Programs and Features and select Microsoft Edge and click Change, then click Repair in the dialog box. :woman_shrugging:t2: I wouldn’t hold my breath tho.

edit: Microsoft support topics are so fun :upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah that didn’t help neither did the repair no.

Do you see any errors in the browser console?

1 Like

No, don’t see any errors.

Are you using a mouse or touch?

1 Like

Mouse, was thinking may be bug with mouseover.

Can run some tests with different settings to investigate what the cause may be. Could reset p.c. also.

Tried touch didn’t work either, also tracker settings reduced from strict didn’t make a difference.

Started reset can try again when that completes.

I have been using Microsoft Edge and reactions work fine. What is your browser version? Are you using an old version of Edge?

2 Likes

Is current version, have completed reset.

Microsoft Edge for Business

Version 127.0.2651.105 (Official build) (64-bit)

window

Now the reactions pop up does display if I press and hold on screen, but not with mouseover.

Maybe the reset solved part of the problem, except for mouseover option. That is working for everyone else apparently with edge on windows?

Seems to be working with all the other icons such as the solution check box, link and bookmark have grey box appear with mouseover, but the heart/like icon doesn’t have that. The descriptions do appear after second pause.

Anyway this isn’t urgent major problem first noticed this a long time ago didn’t know if this was supposed to work or not, apparently it is. If no one else is experiencing this must be just random glitch all good.

Likely some “is touch” logic we have where we suppress some hover stuff if we detect a touch device.

4 Likes

That makes sense, although with cover of tablet closed and connected to external screen should be seen as regular desktop p.c.

Checked with chrome on this device and same problem is occurring.

Could be bug with older device from 2017 surface pro this can’t run windows eleven. Screen has ten point touch + pen/dial support.

There is the “tablet mode” settings that thought could be issue but that is deactivated.

I have experienced the same issue on Windows 11 on a Lenovo yoga duet. The reactions tab could only be called up by finger touch. I’ve never achieved this operation with curser hover.

1 Like

Marked this as solved but not certain if this is a bug with windows or discourse. Could mention to Microsoft support team if problem is on their side.