Trust level names in spanish

I’m not sure what you mean by ‘update the plugin’ as these would be handled in the core section, but everything should work the same as last time?

By any chance, do your new group names include any characters with accents?

Nop, there are just letters and it worked but it can’t be changed. It seems that names are registered only once from the plugin I used.

Do you know if can I edit that strings manually?

I’m not sure the plugin is necessary if you follow the steps I mentioned previously. Have you tried removing it and attempting a fresh attempt?

Though if you need the plugin you may have to make the name changes within the the code itself.

1 Like

ActionView::Template::Error (The asset "locales/es_XX.js" is not present in the asset pipeline.

I think I need to move to ES, remove the plugin and start again.

What about the actual changes? They will still on the database?

So, it breaked everything because there are strings on ES_XX but anothers on ES and ES_XX don’t work with plugins.

I wonder if there is a clear way to edit the trust level names on spanish, not doing that stuff.

And please, how can I mix the translations and get back without losing all my translations done?

I changed almost every single string because the default translation is a disaster (no offence but DeepL is way better than you used at stock).

I don’t think this is a bug @matenauta as you added in the extra ES_XX strings yourself. I think changing the Spanish translations works fine if done the normal way.

Could you provide a little more detail as to why you think this is a bug?

We can’t change trust_level strings on spanish. They won’t updates:

I believe I already demonstrated that this was possible later in the topic:

I’m going to move this back to support as it’s a little long and confusing to be considered a bug report. If we can pinpoint exactly what you think the issue is we can create a fresh bug topic with a succinct summary in. :+1:

3 Likes

It didn’t updates the url that stills with the old trust_level (!)

It should update the URL as well. I’ve just tried and it worked. :+1:

These are my steps:

• Set default locale to ‘Español’ (and refresh)
  • Go to /admin/customize/site_texts
  • Enter groups.default_names.trust_level_0
  • Edit (ensuring it is not already an existing user or group name) and save
  • Go to /sidekiq/scheduler and run Jobs::EnsureDbConsistency (optional to speed it up for testing)
  • Group name has changed, mentions have changed, URL has changed
2 Likes